North Star College
- Parents or guardians of all FNSBSD current juniors on track for 2021 graduation who have an interest in pursuing college coursework in their senior year are invited to apply to the first cohort of North Star College (a partnership between FNSBSD & UAF). Participating students will have the opportunity to earn 7 - 15 transcripted college credits!
- Courses begin in Fall 2020. Earning college credits through North Star College will be free for students (although some miscellaneous fees may apply). Students still remain eligible for student activities at their home school. District transportation will be available!
- The minimum GPA is 2.5 for acceptance into North Star College. Two references are required. Of those who meet the qualifications, students will be selected through a random process. Students who are selected will take Accuplacer & ALEKS and will take specific pre-selected cohort classes, and choose from a wide selection of core content courses at UAF. Courses will be selected in conjunction with a school counselor.
- The application window will be from Jan 22 through Feb 26, 2020.
- There will be a North Star College Launch event for interested students and parents on the evening of January 30th. More info coming soon!
- If you have any questions, please see your high school counselor or call the Teaching & Learning Dept. at x 11422.
- Apply for North Star College through the Centralized Application Portal.