- Woodriver Elementary
Superintendent Search Update - Survey Results | December 14, 2022
December 14, 2022
Hello District Families and Staff,
I wanted to give you an update on the ongoing superintendent search. The 31 Qualities Survey closed on December 9 and the results were reviewed by the school board at a recent work session. The survey received over 1,300 responses and there were also several different focus groups who provided feedback. Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide your input! You can watch the work session and find the related documents, such as the survey results, in the work session agenda.
Taking your feedback into consideration, the school board created the following superintendent profile to help select the best candidate for the school district:
- Has classroom and building level administrative experience in a K-12 setting.
- Is a strong communicator in speaking, listening, and writing.
- Ability to build consensus and commitment among individuals and groups.
- Promotes a positive and professional environment that includes mutual trust and respect among faculty, staff, administrators, and Board.
- Is willing to listen to input, is a decision maker, makes recommendations, and data informed decisions.
- Possesses the leadership skills, knowledge, and sensitivity required to respond to the opportunities and challenges presented by a diverse student body and community.
- Has experience with effective management and planning practices that will benefit the long-term financial health of the district.
- Can delegate and oversee the work of staff and appropriately maintain accountability.
- Is strongly committed to a “student centered” philosophy in all decisions.
- Has commitment to both academic and extracurricular programs.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of special education that meets the individualized needs of each student.
The superintendent job posting went live on December 13, 2022 and will close January 13, 2023. Please stay tuned in January and February for further updates on the superintendent search process. You can also find information on the district’s superintendent search webpage.
All the best,
Chief School Administrator