Pick up and Drop Off Procedures
Midnight Sun Elementary School would like to share our drop-off and pick-up procedures with you. Student safety is of utmost importance and we would like to thank you in advance for your support of our procedures.
- The speed limit is 3 miles per hour on school property.
- Please remain in your vehicle at all times when coming through the drop-off and pick-up lane.
- Please follow the directions of the crossing guard and staff assisting with dismissal.
- Stay in one lane and pull forward as far as you safely can before stopping to drop off your child (ren) along the curb to minimize congestion and keep traffic moving.
- Parking should be done in the visitor lot only. Please park and then walk your child across traffic using the crossing lane only. It is not safe to have them cross anywhere else.
- Parking is prohibited in the drop off lane.
Again, thank you for your support and cooperation during these high traffic times. The bell rings at 9:00am and the lane is generally clear by 9:07. There really is a minimal delay in getting through the line. Let's work together to keep it that way. We all have the same goal: to keep our children safe. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop in and speak with me. Thank you from all of us a MSN.
Joanne Vanfleteren, Principal