Hiring Process for Substitute Teachers and Temporary Employees
- Complete an employment application. (Subs: Job ID #4591 Temps: Job ID #4440)
- Attach your college transcripts. (if applying to be a substitute teacher)
- You must provide at least three professional references, two of whom must be supervisors. Please provide valid email addresses for your references as they will be emailed the reference form. We do not accept family members or friends as references. As soon as you submit your application, your references are emailed the reference form from email@example.com Notify your references to fill out the reference form as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for monitoring the return of completed reference surveys. To do so, log into your AppliTrack account and click on the references section. References that are listed as "Incomplete" have not been returned and may require additional follow up from you. Add more references as needed.
- Once you have at least three professional references returned, you need to call HR to schedule orientation.
- Pre-registration is REQUIRED. Please call (907) 452-2000 ext. 11326 or ext. 11381 to sign up for the next orientation. Information regarding orientation will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- Complete the electronic background check that will be emailed to you.
- Attend the two hour orientation.
- All substitute and temporary employees must be fingerprinted at the time of orientation. The fingerprints cost $48.25. Payment can be cash, check or money order; credit/debit cards are not accepted at this time.
Last Modified on April 5, 2019