Parent Teacher Conferences
We are excited to let you know that West Valley will be using PowerPTC, the convenient and easy way for parents and guardians to sign up for Parent-Teacher Conferences ONLINE again this semester!PowerPTC will open on Monday, February 4th, at 12:00 pm, to allow you to start scheduling your parent-teacher conferences and will stay open for scheduling through Friday, February 15th at 3 pm for the 2/18 conference day, for the 2/19 conference day. You can access the PowerPTC through a link in your Parent PowerSchool account located in the upper right-hand side of the PowerSchool home page.
Scheduling Your Conferences:Log into your Parent PowerSchool account.
- Click on the small box with an arrow pointing up and to the right, located in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the PowerPTC page link.
- Click on Conference Schedule.
- Select the date you would like to schedule your appointments on.
- Select a starting time for your appointments.
- If you would not like to attend conferences with certain courses, uncheck the box under the Schedule column.
- Click Build Your Schedule Now!
- Finally, click Print Schedule to create a hard copy of your parent-teacher conference schedule.
- If you are scheduling for more than one student, you can switch the active student you are scheduled for by clicking on the Select a Student link from the left-hand menu.
Monday February 18 - 10am - 1pm (classroom style) AND 2pm - 6:30pm (arena style)
Tuesday February 19 - 8:00am - 12:00 and 1:00 - 4:30pm - classroom style all day
Scheduled conference times are 8 minutes long, with 2 minutes of travel between each class.
Your promptness for scheduled appointments is greatly appreciated.
Arena style conferences (10 minutes each) are on a first come first served basis. Teachers are seated by department in the commons, cafeteria and library. Parents find their student's teacher, walk up to their table, sit down and have a 10 minute conference. You continue in this manner until you have visited with all your teachers. Since this style is on a first come first served basis, you may have to wait your turn to see a teacher.
West Valley Students with Classes at HUTCHISON
If your child attends classes at Hutchison High School, you will need to call and set up their conference times separately.
Hutchison High School 907-479-2261