2014-15 Information Packet and Registration Form
Ski Club is open to skiers in all grades. Before being admitted to the club, students and parents must submit the following:
- Ski Club Permission Form
- Activity Consent and Medical Information Form
- $50 Ski Club fee (checks payable to The Watershed School)
If a student is in kindergarten or first grade, a parent or guardian must be present at all practices and ski with their child unless permission is given by the coach for the child to ski without a chaperone.
Practices will be held on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 5:30 pm. We will meet in the team room at Birch Hill (downstairs in big building) on Mondays. On Thursdays we will meet at the UAF ski hut. Parents are responsible for finding transportation for their children from Watershed to Birch Hill and UAF. We realize the inconvenience, but bussing is not an option. The bus company, First Student, cannot pick up students from Watershed until 4:30 pm. Students must check out with a coach before leaving practice.
All ski races are held on weekends and are voluntary. Ski Club members are strongly encouraged to participate in the Town Race Series and other races such as the Turkey Day Relays. More information about races, including registration forms will be sent home as soon as they are made available from the Nordic Ski Club of Fairbanks.
- Skiers in the most advanced group should have both classic and skate skis. Coaches will tell students in advance what type of skis to bring to practice.
- Parents need to promptly pick up skiers at 5:30. Failure to pick up runners on time may result in loss of running club privileges.
- Students or their parents must check out with a coach before leaving practices or races.
- Athletes must be dressed warm and fully equipped with ski equipment. The Watershed School does not have ski equipment for student use. We also do not have enough staff and volunteers to supervise or babysit students who are not prepared.
- Athletes must be respectful of other participants, parent volunteers, and coaches. Athletes who cannot behave appropriately will be removed from Ski Club.