Personalized Learning Announcements
All high schools will be hosting a Personalized Learning launch event during the week of September 17-21. Please visit the respective high school web pages to learn more about specific events each school is hosting.
What is Personalized Learning?
Personalized learning is the structuring of schools, classrooms, and instruction so we can better respond to the individual needs of students. Personalized learning shifts from a one-size-fits-all model of education to one which better prepares students for the jobs and needs of the future.
Why Personalized Learning?
To ensure each student achieves their highest potential, we create a student-centered environment that engages, inspires and empowers all learners based on their unique needs and strengths.
There are four elements of personalized learning:
- Targeted Instruction – Education aligns to specific student needs and learning goals
- Data Driven Decisions – Frequent data collection informs instructional decisions and groupings
- Student Reflection and Ownership – Ongoing student reflection encourages ownership of learning
- Flexible Content and Tools – Instructional materials allow for differentiated path, pace, and performance tasks
The shift to personalized learning throughout the school district will occur over a three year period and be guided by Education Elements. More information can be found on the detailed timeline.
- Year 1: Elementary Schools
- Current phase: Support, Reflect & Iterate
- Year 2: Middle Schools
- Current phase: Launch
- Year 3: High Schools
- Current phase: Foundations