Online Lottery System
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District uses an online lottery system to collect, verify, and process applications for non-charter elementary school enrollment lotteries, the Hutchison High School enrollment lottery, and also for select special programs.
Parents can create an online lottery account at any time by visiting the district's online lottery application portal. Application submission is limited by lottery availability.
Only one application per student will be honored for any school or program. Duplicate applications (same student and school or program) will be deleted from the lottery system.
Applications must be completed by a parent or guardian with custodial authority to make educational decisions for the student. Parents/guardians are responsible for providing a correct and complete application.
Interested in Out of Area Attendance (OAA) at Eielson AFB elementary schools? Please contact the school for more information:
- Anderson Elementary (Grades K - 2) at 907-372-2167
- Crawford Elementary (Grades 3 - 6) at 907-372-3306
Middle and high school Out of Area Attendance (OAA) enrollment is still conducted by paper application. There are no secondary OAA lotteries at this time. Please click this link to download the Out-of-Attendance Area Application for Secondary Schools and call the school for more information.
Currently accepting online applications for:
Click the links to view further information.
- Additions to the 2018-19 waitlist for 7th grade at Arctic Light Elementary, Joy Elementary, and Ladd Elementary
- Additions to the 2018-19 waitlist for elementary Out of Attendance Area (OAA) enrollment. Students will be added to the bottom of the wait list in the order in which the late applications were submitted.
- Barnette Magnet School 2019-2020 - Full time and part time enrollment for grades K-8
- Application window opened Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Application window closes Friday, March 8, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- Hutchison High School 2019-2020 - Apply for up to two career clusters per student
- Application window opened Thursday January 10, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Application window closes Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3 p.m.
Upcoming 2019-2020 Enrollment Lotteries
- Discovery Peak Charter School (K-8)
- Application window opens Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Application window closes Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- K-8 Options - Lottery for enrollment in grades 7 & 8
Student Information Systems
3rd Floor, Suite E
(907) 452-2000 x11212