To reach a help desk technician, dial extension 11397 from a district Cisco phone, or 452-2000 x11397 from a traditional phone.
We are open from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM every weekday and located on the first floor of the Admin Center.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is Securly legit?
- Yes, Securly is the district's new web filter. More info here.
- Q: How can I add a printer to one Chromebook?
- A: Follow these instructions.
- Q: Can I troubleshoot anything on a Chromebook?
- A: Yes! Here is a quick guide: https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/7820
- Q: What is LanSchool and how do I get it?
- A: LanSchool is software that allows teachers to control student computers running macOS or Windows.
- Here's a custom two page guide with more details.
- Q: I have a question about email.
- A: Check out the excellent Email FAQ page.
- Q: What's with these new Canon copiers?
- A: The new copier contract which comes with new copiers.
- They can print in color, but please select black and white unless necessary.
- The new models are the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C355iF, 400iF, C5535i, C5550i, 6565i, and 8585i.
- Q: How do I add a printer to my computer?
- A: Follow the directions here.
- Q: How do I get software installed on my computer?
- A: If you're on a Mac, try opening the Filewave Kiosk (red icon near the clock) and selecting Install Software. If what you want isn't available, please put in a work order. See the Filewave page for more info.
- Q: How do I get my personal device on the BYOD network?
- A: Follow the directions here. Note: Pending status means it's ready to connect.
- Q: How can I lock my Mac?
- A: If you have macOS 10.13, click the black apple and select Lock Screen (next to Log Out). If you're running older versions, open Keychain Access, select Preferences, and check Show keychain status in menu bar. Now up by the clock click the padlock and select Lock Screen.
- Q: What are the acceptable use policies for technology?
- A: Visit School District Policies and Administrative Regulations chapter 8.