Enrollment Options

  • Note: Students currently enrolled in the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District (FNSBSD) do not need to re-enroll for next year.

    Enroll online! 

    Online registration is open for the school year 2020-2021. Enroll your student now! 

    Note: Users must either create a registration account linked to a valid email address or sign in with existing FNSBSD PowerSchool parent/guardian or FNSBSD CAP account credentials.

    Only legal parents/guardians are authorized to register their child(ren) for school.

    Recommended browsers: Up-to-Date versions of Chrome and Firefox are recommended. 
    Incompatible browsers: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as well as outdated versions of Chrome and Firefox are incompatible, and some users have been unsuccessful when using Safari.


    Submitting an updated registration for a different school year? Click HERE for instructions on getting started.


    Enrollment at "Application Schools"

    Some schools and/or programs require a successful lottery application in addition to district registration. Applications are to be submitted by the legal parent/guardian through the Centralized Application Portal (CAP). If you already have a FNSBSD PowerSchool parent/guardian or Registration account, you may use the same credentials to log in to the CAP. New users can create an account using a valid email address at the link accessed below.

    Click the link below to proceed to the CAP  to submit applications and apply for lotteries that are currently open, if any:

    Centralized (Lottery) Application Portal (CAP)

    If you have difficulty understanding English, you may request language assistance services. These language assistance services are available free of charge for school related communication. If you need more information about interpretation or translation services, please contact your student’s school, call the ELL Program Office at (907) 452-2000 ext. 11488, or email ELL@k12northstar.org. You may also mail or visit the ELL Program Office, 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701.

    Si tiene dificultad para entender el inglés, puede solicitar los servicios de asistencia de idioma. Estos servicios de asistencia de idioma están disponibles sin costo para la comunicación relacionada con la escuela. Si necesita más información sobre los servicios de interpretación o traducción, comuníquese con la escuela de su alumno. Llame a la Oficina del programa ELL al (907) 452-2000 ext. 11488, o escriba a la dirección de correo electrónico ELL@k12northstar.org. También puede escribir a la dirección postal o visitar la Oficina del programa ELL en 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701.

    英語を理解するのが難しい場合、言語支援サービスを要求できます。これらの言語支援サービスは、学校関連の連 絡について無料で利用できます。通訳または翻訳サービスに関する詳しい情報が必要な場合は、生徒の学校に連絡 するか、ELL Program Office (電話 (907) 452-2000 外線 11488、または電子メール ELL@k12northstar.org)にお問い合 わせください。ELL Program Office, 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701 まで郵送でまたは出向いて問い合わせることも できます。

    언어 지원 서비스 공지
    영어를 이해하는 것이 어려우실 경우 언어 지원 서비스를 요청하실 수 있습니다. 해당 언어 지원 서비스는 학교 관련 소통을 위해 무료로 이용 가능합니다. 통번역 관련 서비스에 대한 자세한 정보는 귀 자녀의 학교로 연락하셔서 ELL Program Office에 (907) 452-2000번(내선 번호 11488)으로 전화하시거나 ELL@k12northstar.org로 이메일을 보내주십시오. ELL Program Office, 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701로 우편 문의하시거나 직접 방문하실 수 있습니다.

    Если у Вас имеются трудности с пониманием английского языка, Вы можете обратиться за услугами языковой помощи. Услуги языковой помощи предоставляются бесплатно для целей общения со школой. Если Вам необходима дополнительная информация об услугах устного или письменного перевода, обратитесь в школу Вашего ребенка, позвоните в ELL Program Office по номеру (907) 452-2000, доб. 11488, или отправьте электронное сообщение по адресу ELL@k12northstar.org. Вы также можете отправить письмо по почте или посетить ELL Program Office по адресу 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701.

    如果您对理解英语有困难,您可以请求语言协助服务。这些语言协助服务免费提供学校相关交流。如需有关口 译或笔译服务的更多信息,请联系您的学生所在的学校,请致电 ELL Program Office:(907) 452-2000 转分机 11488,或发送电子邮件至 ELL@k12northstar.org。您也可以寄送邮件至 ELL Program Office, 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701 或进行直接访问。

    Kung nahihirapan kang makaunawa ng English, maaari kang humiling ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika. Ang mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika na ito ay available nang libre para sa komunikasyong nauugnay sa paaralan. Kung kailangan mo ng higit pang impormasyon tungkol sa mga serbisyo ng interpretation o translation (pagsasaling-wika), mangyaring makipag-ugnayan sa paaralan ng iyong mag-aaral, tumawag sa ELL Program Office sa (907) 452-2000 ext. 11488, o magemail sa ELL@k12northstar.org. Maaari ka ring sumulat o bumisita sa ELL Program Office, 520 Fifth Ave, Fairbanks, AK 99701.


    Enroll at your area school
    1. Find your area school
      • Even if your student will apply at an "out-of-area" or "application" school, you must enroll them at their area school first.
    2. Download the enrollment form:
    3. Take your enrollment form and the required documents listed below in the Enrollment Checklist to your area school.

Enrollment checklist

  • Help speed up enrollment by bringing along these important forms:
    • Birth Certificate
      A birth certificate is required for students entering kindergarten or first grade who haven't been enrolled in the district before.
    • Proof of Immunization
    • Transcripts or Report Cards
      These help with class placement
    • Proof of Current Physical Address
      Utility bills such as phone, water or electric

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • How old must students be to attend school?

  • How do I know what school to attend?

  • Can my child attend a different school?

  • Will my child ride a bus to school?

  • What immunizations are needed?

  • When does school start?

  • Can my student participate in sports right away?

  • What services are provided for gifted students?

  • What kind of special education services are available?

  • How can I get involved in schools?

Enrollment Forms and Documents

  • find your school

    Visit k12northstar.org/maps to view school boundaries and enter your home address to find your neighborhood school.

Last Modified on June 10, 2020