BEN EIELSON HIGH SCHOOL
Students and Parents-
- In order to tryout, athletes must have a completed planeths.com account.
All students involved in Alaska School Activity Association (ASAA) sanctioned activities must complete all eligibility forms and have a recent physical. Physicals are good for 18 months.
*Complete all of your eligibility documents by navigating to PlanetHS.com. If you have an existing account, just update all of your information. If you are new to PlanetHS, students and parents BOTH create an account and link them. ALL students and guardians must complete this process in order to participate and MUST BE DONE prior to the first practice. If you need help please see the Activities Secretary.
*Students with outstanding fees, per district and ASAA policies, are ineligible to participate in Ben Eielson Activities.
Copies of all forms may be located at Resources - Forms and Documents (see below). Hard copies of all forms may be requested from the front office.
- Academic Eligibility Requirements:
- Freshman in fall sports need to be enrolled in at least 2.5 semester credits
- - Seniors- Q3 and Q4 grades from the 2022/2023 school year will be used
- At least a 2.0 GPA
- No more than 1 F
- Passed at least 2.5 semester credits
- Provide a 2022/2023 spring semester transcript
- Complete the transfer waiver in Bigteams.com
Homeschool Student Participants
For students participating in an accredited home school program wishing to participate in high school interscholastic activities, please fill out the Google form and provide the required documentation to try out at your attendance area school. These forms should be submitted via Google. For further information, please view our High School Activities Handbook. Alternative Education students will be required to pay a $250.00 enrollment fee per sport in addition to any fees that are associated with their activity. This fee will be created and an email sent to pay prior to student participation.
*Only students in the Ben Eielson attendance area may participate in sports at Ben Eielson. If you have questions about this, please ask.
If you are homeschooled in the 2023/2024 school year, you will need to provide the following BEFORE trying out:
- Alternative Education Students (Link to Google form)
- Current (Fall 2023) schedule listing classes enrolled in and credits that will be earned.
- Official transcript from the SPRING 2023 semester (freshmen don't need this).
- Shot records (if they attended FNSBSD, you can request them from the school or district nurse)
**YOU CAN ALSO BRING ALL the ITEMS TO THE BEN EIELSON JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE**
Please contact Wayne Sawchuk (907)452-2000 x11449 or email@example.com with any questions about district activities.
Each activity will determine the associated fee. There are additional fees if not enrolled at BEJSHS.
Fees must be paid PRIOR to participation in the first event and are non-refundable.
If you wish to solicit sponsorships from community members, please use the sponsorship letter, which is available in the front office.
Coach and/or Sponsor Input
- We appreciate your input on coach/sponsor performance. This is an important part of our review process at the end of each season. Please feel free to either download and complete the district's form and return it to the school at any time during or after the season, or you can also fill out the school's online version:
All students and parents should be familiar with the district's High School Student Activities Handbook and the Ben Eielson Student Handbook. Please be aware that coaches may have their own policies regarding grade checks, practice, and eligibility above and beyond the minimum requirements in the handbooks.