The Information Security Office works with the School District community to reduce risks to system and network resources to protect the confidentiality of student, faculty, and staff information.
To support this mission, the Information Security Office will:
- Empower faculty, staff, and students through training and communication to recognize threats and facilitate a secure environment
- Develop processes, procedures, and policies for the protection of confidential information
- Identify and guide the mitigation of risks to the security of information and systems
- Define security requirements, establish baselines, and measure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices
- Ensure incident response and disaster recovery plans are developed and implemented
- Respond to and recover from disruptive and destructive information security events