Strategic Plan: Milepost 2.0
The district is launching the revision and update of its strategic plan for academic years 2020-25. The strategic plan is a map, with clearly defined priorities to guide the district in ensuring students receive the best education possible. Help us chart the future of education in our community by sharing your input and perspective.
What are the goals of the update?
- Shared vision and strategic direction for the district
- Strategic roadmap to guide decision making over the next 3-5 years
- Engaging staff and community in the planning process
- Rolling out the plan with fidelity and a defined implementation process
What is the timeline and process?
- Phase 0: Pre-Planning - Establish the process (September 2018)
- Phase 1: Determine Position - Collect stakeholder perspective (October 2018 - January 2019)
- Phase 2: Develop Strategy - Envision our future and set the long-term district direction (February - April 2019)
- Phase 3: Build the Plan - Build the annual plan and supporting initiatives (April - August 2019)
- Phase 4: Manage Performance - Roll-out and execute the plan (August 2019)
For a more detailed timeline, see the 2018-19 Strategic Planning Process Overview.
Share Your Feedback
Important Note: The surveys mentioned below are now closed. Please stay tuned for additional opportunities to provide feedback.
The district will be launching two separate surveys in October, one for parents, students, and the community, and one for district staff. Please stay tuned for opportunities to provide your valuable input.
Students, Parents, and Community - Research Objective: The primary purpose of this research is to obtain input from parents and community members to inform the development/refresh of the district’s 5-Year strategic plan. Students will also be included in the distribution to add unique and valuable perspective. Data obtained in this survey will be used to set priorities and goals for the district. Input will also help craft the district’s execution around communication and engagement. Survey questions were designed by OnStrategy in conjunction with the Board of Education and executive leadership.
Staff - Research Objective: The objective of this survey is to gain a clear understanding of district’s current state, from the staff’s perspective. Information obtained in this survey will be used to set priorities and inform the development or "refresh" of the SY20-25 strategic plan. Survey questions were developed by OnStrategy in conjunction with the Board of Education and executive leadership.
OnStrategy is the consulting company the Board of Education has selected to facilitate the update of the district's strategic plan.