Attendance In Our District
Attendance is Closely Linked to Academic Success
- The current districtwide attendance trend is 92%. The districtwide attendance goal is 95% attendance, or less than 10 absences per student.
- Students with a 95% or higher attendance rate have a 92% graduation rate.
- By 9th grade, regular attendance is a better predictor of graduation rates than 8th grade test scores.
- Typically, students with attendance rates lower than 80% (more than 36 days absent) have a GPA at least a letter grade below their peers, are 14x more likely to drop out of school, and only have about a 25% chance of graduating.
Students with Attendance Rates Below 80%
- Represent 9% of 7th-12th graders and miss over 7 weeks of school
- 14 times more likely to dropout
- If they also have less than a C average, only 9% graduate
- Even if they have a C average or better, only 48% graduate
- Dropout rate can be cut in HALF if attendance IMPROVES