Hello and welcome to third grade!! My name is Maxine Dibert and I am your child's teacher this year. I am looking forward to a very exciting and productive year. This will be my 17th year of teaching in the Fairbanks School District. When I am not teaching, I enjoy running and being active outdoors. I hope to one day enter and complete a half ironman. I have two children, Christopher who is an 8th grader at Ryan Middle School and my daughter is a Sophomore at Wenatchee Valley Community College in Washington. Third grade is a fun filled year, filled with lots of singing, learning multiplication facts, writing poetry, and writing in cursive. As the year goes on, I am looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you and your child.
Here are a few goals set for this year:
- Develop skills in written expression so they can communicate in both narrative and expository styles.
- Master basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts and correctly apply those facts when doing computation and problem-solving.
- Learn to work cooperatively in groups and sometimes take the leadership role.
- Learn to plan long-range projects and bring them to completion in science and social studies.
- Develop skills in language arts, such as reading fluency, comprehension, and broadening their vocabulary
- Using technology devices as a learning tool
I will be sending home a classroom newsletter every week, beginning Monday, August 20th. In that letter, I will tell you about my Guidelines for Success and my classroom rules. This letter will also be posted on the school website. To read it online, go to www.k12northstar.org/denali and click on the link under teachers for "Mrs. Dibert."
If you want to speak with me for any reason, please don't hesitate to give me a call. The best time to call is between 3:00-3:30 Monday - Thursday or 3:00-4:00 on Fridays. You may also send me an email at email@example.com anytime.
I am also using a classroom communication app called Bloomz. The Bloomz app can be dowloaded on any smartphone or online at https://app.bloomz.net/. Our class code is K32A35
I will be using bloomz to post announcements or events happening in school and in our classroom! I also like to share photos of what's happening in the classroom through bloomz messaging.
Please feel free to let me know any information that may help me to be successful with your child, and let me know the best way (and time) to reach you.
Thank you, and let your child know that we will have a great year in room 122.
Mrs. Maxine Dibert
3rd Grade Teacher