School Board Meeting Status & Updates
In-Person Meeting Attendance, Public Testimony & Meeting Access Options During COVID-19 State-Declared Mandates & Public Health Emergency
While under the direction of the COVID-19 mandates, School Board meetings will be held by video conference for board members and district administration, hosted from the Board Room of the Administrative Center, 520 Fifth Avenue, as well as, live-streamed from the district’s webpage, broadcast on GCI Cable – Channel 14, and audio-recorded for next-day website posting. Additionally, Regular Meetings will be broadcast through the free NPR app and live on KUAC-FM 89.9 radio from 7:00 p.m. to adjournment.
Board meetings remain open to the public and in-person testimony will be taken, within the parameters of the State of Alaska COVID-19 Mandate 7.1. Please note, while these mandates are in effect, only 10 people may be in the Board Room at any time, including limited district staff. Once 10 people are in the room, district staff will not allow anyone else to enter. If you are in the Board Room, you are required to maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and others.
In order to comply with the social-distancing and gathering limitation mandates, community members are strongly encouraged to testify via email to email@example.com. Testimony emailed to the School Board for a Special and/or Regular Meeting will be read into the public record of the applicable meeting. Guidelines for electronic testimony are the same as for in-person testimony - emails must include a person's first and last name and city of residence. As with in-person testimony, email, when read into the public record, will be limited to 3 minutes.
Thank you for your diligence in complying with these mandates and for your patience as we navigate these new procedures.
April 2020 Cancelled Meetings & Events (as of April 1, 2020)
- CANCELLED – April 2 at 5:30 pm – Curriculum Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED – April 13 at 5:30 pm – Parent Engagement Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED – April 15 at 5:30 pm – Budget Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED – April 16 at 5:30 pm – Curriculum Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED – April 23 at 5:30 pm – Diversity Committee Meeting
- CANCELLED - April 29 at 4:00 pm - Career Technical Education Advisory Committee Meeting
Board of Education Information
Board of Education Meetings are accessible:
- by livestream at streaming.k12northstar.org;
- by real-time audio provided from the district’s webpage – k12northstar.org;
- through the free NPR app (Regular Meetings only);
- televised live on GCI Cable – channel 14;
- from 7:00 p.m. to adjournment on KUAC-FM 89.9 radio (Regular Meetings Only); and
- are audio recorded for next day website posting.
This page contains links to information about School Board members, agendas and minutes of meetings, policies and administrative regulations, and advisory committees. See links to other pages (left), or download documents (below). The ten-member School Board is comprised of seven, elected officials, each elected at-large, for three-year staggered terms, along with one representative from Fort Wainwright Army Post, Eielson Air Force Base, and Regional Student Council whom serve as advisory members.
To contact the School Board as a group, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Written communications with public officials generally are considered a public record and subject to disclosure (viewing and/or copying of the communication) pursuant to a public records request.
FNSBSD FY20-FY25 Strategic Plan Communication Document
(Approved October 15, 2019)