The Retirement Process
PERS Tier I, II & III
Tuesday September 19, 2017
4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
520 Fifth Ave Fairbanks, Technology Learning Center, Room #236, 2nd floor
This webinar is for PERS members under the defined benefit retirement system.
A summary of human resources functions:
- Develop and recommend policies and actions concerning personnel management, including the functions of recruitment, selection, placement, orientation, evaluation, salary placement, employee benefits, and termination;
- Direct all personnel services for all employees, substitute teachers, and temporary workers;
- Provide leadership to administrative center and school administrators in assessing personnel performance;
- Direct the development of salary schedules for all employees and recommend new or adjusted salary schedules;
- Maintain all personnel records, staff lists, and confidential district information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex in violation of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability in violation of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This includes admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs, services, and activities.
Individuals requiring further information should contact the designated compliance director.
520 5th Avenue
Fairbanks, AK 99701
3rd Floor, Suites A & B
(907) 452-2000 x11326
Fax: (907) 451-6008
Executive Director of Human Resources