*Please select an option from the menu on the left.
Department of Teaching & Learning!
You know us as the Curriculum Department, but
we now have a new name! We are now currently known as
the Department of Teaching & Learning! We will continue to
provide assistance in the following areas:
- Art Center/Districtwide Art Teachers
- Assessments/Student Testing
- Career & Technical Education (CTE)
- Challenging High School Courses by Exam
- Curriculum Guides
- Digital Content Resources
- Instructional Resources
- Mentor Teachers
- Military Student Support
- Multi-Tier Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Outside Credit Request
- Scholarship Information
- Student Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Student Events
- Student Opportunities in the Community
- Student & Parent Information
Alaska school districts have been called upon to adopt the state content standards, including the Alaska English/Language Arts and Mathematics Standards. These academic standards clearly outline what students should know and be able to do at each grade level. These standards build a foundation for college and career readiness. The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District (FNSBSD) has made a formal commitment to the standards. This commitment is reflected in the district’s adopted curricula.
The FNSBSD’s curriculum goal is to provide all students with a guaranteed and viable curriculum that sets high expectations, provides support for all students, as well as opportunities for each student to excel and develop their individual talents