Board of Education Meetings & Events
Board of Education Meetings are accessible:
- *Zoom – citizens can follow the meeting and/or testify via Zoom, either through electronic device or by phone;
- *YouTube Live
- *real-time livestream at streaming.k12northstar.org;
- through the free NPR app (Regular Meetings Only);
- from 7:00 p.m. to adjournment on KUAC-FM 89.9 radio (Regular Meetings Only); and
- audio-recorded for next-day website posting
(*excluding Special Meetings for student discipline matters)
How to Provide Public Testimony:
Public testimony may be provided either in-person or by Zoom at Regular and Special Meetings. Testimony is not taken at work sessions. Once the agenda has been published, if you are interested in testifying at a Regular or Special Meeting, either in-person or by Zoom, please email (email@example.com) or call (452-2000, ext. 11400) the school board office no later than 4:00 p.m. the day of the meeting to sign-up. Those who have signed-up in advance through the board office, will be called upon first, and if time remains, anyone else who is in-person, will be invited to testify until the one-hour time limit has been reached. Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. Testimony is limited to two minutes per person, for a maximum of one-hour per action item. A person testifying shall state their full name, spelling their last name, and their city of residence for the record.
Please note, emails to the school board are important and valued, and be assured emails are provided and considered by all board members, but emails will not be read for public testimony.
BoardDocs Agenda Management System:
- The school board utilizes the electronic meeting agenda management system, BoardDocs. You can easily browse and search agendas and minutes.
- View the agenda for location, time, and description of meetings. Agendas are posted four days prior to the meeting.
- Previous years' agendas and minutes can be found under Meeting Archives.
- To learn more about Board of Education meetings, visit Meetings FAQ and Meeting Types.