2020 Summer School
The FNSBSD offers two distinct summer school programs: Credit Recovery and Course Acceleration. Credit Recovery summer school is for high school students who have failed one or more classes and are looking to recover credit. Course Acceleration summer school is for students wishing to earn credit by taking an extra class during the summer. More information on each program is provided below.
Credit Recovery Summer School
Credit Recovery Summer School exists to help students make up a course they failed in the school year. Summer school students have the opportunity to recover credit, up to 2 semesters, over the course of the summer school session to achieve a passing grade.
For additional details, view the Credit Recovery page.
- To enroll in Credit Recovery Summer School, fill out the online registration form.
- Deadline for application:
- May 15 for Semester 1 courses
- May 20 for Semester 2 courses
- There is no charge for credit recovery summer school.
- Students will participate virtually with their teacher to complete their credit recovery plan.
- Classes will go from June 1 - June 26, or until the student completes their course(s).
- The grade earned in summer school will be posted on a student's transcript.
- Students may withdraw without an F if they drop the course by June 8, 2020.
Course Acceleration Summer School
Acceleration Summer School (eLearning) exists to help students accelerate their learning outside of the traditional school year. This is available to our students through online courses. An FNSBSD teacher will be available to support and assist students who are taking acceleration classes, as well as a district teacher who will be grading and providing feedback. eLearning courses are rigorous online courses that require dedication and determination to be successful. These semester long (18 week) courses must be completed in the 7 weeks allocated for summer school. Select courses will be offered through APEX, Fuel Ed or Google Classroom and are taught by a certified district teacher.
For additional details, visit the Acceleration Summer School page.
- To enroll in Acceleration Summer School (eLearning), fill out the online registration form.
- Deadline to enroll in Acceleration Summer School is May 20.
- Students may take up to two accelerated courses, at no cost to them.
- Class dates are May 26 - July 10
- Orientation is required before beginning class. It will be held online. Once enrolled, students will be sent an email to your FNSBSD student account with orientation information. Scheduled dates for orientation are as follows:
- May 20: 2pm - 3pm
- May 21: 9am - 10am
- May 22: 3pm - 4pm
- All work must be completed by July 10, 2020.
- Students must have access to wifi throughout summer school in order to access their classes.
- Students must be entering grades 9 - 12 to register for classes.
District approved summer school courses, when completed by July 15, 2020, will be calculated with the spring semester grades when determining eligibility for the first quarter activities for the following school year. The re-calculation of the student's GPA and determination of eligibility status shall occur immediately upon receipt by the district of documented final grades. The effects of retake courses and calculation of GPA shall be done according to FNSBSD Admin. Regulation 974.1.