2022-23 High School Summer School
The FNSBSD offers two distinct summer school programs for high school students: Credit Recovery and Course Acceleration. Credit Recovery summer school is for high school students who have failed one or more classes and are looking to recover credit. Credit recovery classes are not available for honors or AP classes. If a student wishes to retake those courses, please see the school counselor. Course Acceleration summer school is for students wishing to earn credit by taking an extra online class during the summer. More information on each program is provided below.
Course Acceleration Summer School
Acceleration Summer School (eLearning) exists to help students accelerate their learning outside of the traditional school year and want to earn an additional credit over the summer. These courses are completely online. An FNSBSD teacher will be available to support and assist students who are taking acceleration classes, as well as grading and providing feedback. eLearning courses are rigorous online courses that require dedication and determination to be successful. These semester-long (18 week) courses must be completed in the 4 weeks allocated for summer school. Select courses will be offered through APEX or Google Classroom and are taught by a certified district teacher.
For additional details, visit the Summer School Acceleration Information
- To enroll in Acceleration Summer School (eLearning), fill out the Online Course Enrollment Form
- The deadline to enroll in Acceleration Summer School is May 19, 2023 at 4:30 pm.
- Students may take only one accelerated course.
- There is a $50 non-refundable fee per course. Fees will be added to students' PowerSchool account. Courses will not be available until the fee is paid.
- Class dates are May 26 - June 22, 2023.
- Orientation is recommended before beginning class. It will be held online. Once enrolled, students will be sent an email to your FNSBSD student account with orientation information. Scheduled dates for orientation are as follows:
- All work must be completed by June 22, 2023.
- Students must have access to wifi and a device throughout summer school in order to access their classes.
- To register for a class, students must be incoming grade 9-12 students AND current FNSBSD students.
Credit Recovery Summer School
Credit Recovery Summer School exists to help students make up a course they failed during the school year. Summer school students have the opportunity to recover credit, up to 2 semesters, over the course of the summer school session to achieve a passing grade. Courses are not available for honors or AP credit. If students wish to retake an honors or AP course, please speak with the school counselor.
- Credit Recovery courses are Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Nordale Education Center, 397 Hamilton Ave in Fairbanks and at North Pole High School, 601 NPHS Boulevard in North Pole.
- Classes will be from May 30 - June 22, or until the student completes their course(s).
- Enrollment has closed for summer 22-23.
- Daily attendance is required until the student completes their credit recovery plan.
- The grade earned in summer school will be posted on a student's transcript.
- Students may withdraw without an F if they drop the course by June 8, 2023.
- Click here to access informational form.
- Click here to enroll.
District approved summer school courses, when completed by July 14, 2023, will be calculated with the spring semester grades when determining eligibility for the first quarter activities for the following school year. The re-calculation of the student's GPA and determination of eligibility status shall occur immediately upon receipt by the district of documented final grades. The effects of retake courses and calculation of GPA shall be done according to FNSBSD Admin. Regulation 974.1.
Director of Alternative Schools & Programs
Summer School Principal
Summer Virtual Director
CEC Head Teacher
Please contact Dustee Davis at 907-452-2000 x11432 or Greg Gibson for questions regarding summer school at 907-479-4221 x46512.