2021 High School Summer School
The FNSBSD offers two distinct summer school programs for high school students: Credit Recovery and Course Acceleration. Credit Recovery summer school is for high school students who have failed one or more classes and are looking to recover credit. Course Acceleration summer school is for students wishing to earn credit by taking an extra online class during the summer. More information on each program is provided below.
Credit Recovery Summer School
Credit Recovery Summer School exists to help students make up a course they failed during the school year. Summer school students have the opportunity to recover credit, up to 2 semesters, over the course of the summer school session to achieve a passing grade.
For additional details, view the Credit Recovery page.
- To enroll in Credit Recovery Summer School, fill out the online registration form.
- Deadline for application:
- May 14 for Semester 1 courses
- May 21 for Semester 2 courses
- There is no charge for credit recovery summer school.
- Credit Recovery courses are Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Tanana Middle School.
- Classes will go from June 1 - June 24, or until the student completes their course(s).
- Daily attendance is required until the student completes their credit recovery plan.
- The grade earned in summer school will be posted on a student's transcript.
- Students may withdraw without an F if they drop the course by June 7, 2021.
Course Acceleration Summer School
Acceleration Summer School (eLearning) exists to help students accelerate their learning outside of the traditional school year and want to earn additional credit over the summer. These courses are completely online. An FNSBSD teacher will be available to support and assist students who are taking acceleration classes, as well as a district teacher who will be grading and providing feedback. eLearning courses are rigorous online courses that require dedication and determination to be successful. These semester long (18 week) courses must be completed in the 4 weeks allocated for summer school. Select courses will be offered through APEX or Google Classroom and are taught by a certified district teacher.
For additional details, visit the Acceleration Summer School page.
- To enroll in Acceleration Summer School (eLearning), fill out the online registration form.
- Deadline to enroll in Acceleration Summer School is May 20.
- Students may take only one accelerated course.
- There is no cost for the student.
- Class dates are June 1 - July 2, 2021.
- Orientation is required before beginning class. It will be held online. Once enrolled, students will be sent an email to your FNSBSD student account with orientation information. Scheduled dates for orientation are as follows:
- May 26: 2 pm - 3 pm
- May 27: 11 am - 12 pm
- May 28: 3 pm - 4 pm
- All work must be completed by July 2, 2021.
- Students must have access to wifi and a device throughout summer school in order to access their classes.
- To register for a class, students must be entering grades 9-12 and be a current FNSBSD student.
District approved summer school courses, when completed by July 15, 2021, will be calculated with the spring semester grades when determining eligibility for the first quarter activities for the following school year. The re-calculation of the student's GPA and determination of eligibility status shall occur immediately upon receipt by the district of documented final grades. The effects of retake courses and calculation of GPA shall be done according to FNSBSD Admin. Regulation 974.1.