2022 High School Summer School
The FNSBSD offers two distinct summer school programs for high school students: Credit Recovery and Course Acceleration. Credit Recovery summer school is for high school students who have failed one or more classes and are looking to recover credit. Credit recovery classes are not available for honors or AP classes. If a student wishes to retake those courses, please see the school counselor. Course Acceleration summer school is for students wishing to earn credit by taking an extra online class during the summer. More information on each program is provided below.
Course Acceleration Summer School
Acceleration Summer School (eLearning) exists to help students accelerate their learning outside of the traditional school year and want to earn an additional credit over the summer. These courses are completely online. An FNSBSD teacher/facilitator will be available to support and assist students who are taking acceleration classes, as well as a district teacher who will be grading and providing feedback. eLearning courses are rigorous online courses that require dedication and determination to be successful. These semester long (18 week) courses must be completed in the 4 weeks allocated for summer school. Select courses will be offered through APEX or Google Classroom and are taught by a certified district teacher.
For additional details, visit the Summer School Acceleration Information
- To enroll in Acceleration Summer School (eLearning), fill out the Online Course Enrollment Form
- Deadline to enroll in Acceleration Summer School is May 24, 2022.
- Students may take only one accelerated course.
- There is no cost for the student.
- Class dates are May 31 - June 23, 2022.
- Orientation is required before beginning class. It will be held online. Once enrolled, students will be sent an email to your FNSBSD student account with orientation information. Scheduled dates for orientation are as follows:
- May 31: 9am - 10am, or
- May 31: 2pm - 3pm
- All work must be completed by June 23, 2022.
- Students must have access to wifi and a device throughout summer school in order to access their classes.
- To register for a class, students must be incoming grade 9-12 students AND current FNSBSD students.
Credit Recovery Summer School
Credit Recovery Summer School exists to help students make up a course they failed during the school year. Summer school students have the opportunity to recover credit, up to 2 semesters, over the course of the summer school session to achieve a passing grade. Courses are not available for honors or AP credit. If students wish to retake an honors or AP course, please speak with the school counselor.
- Credit Recovery courses are Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Tanana Middle School.
- Classes will be from May 31 - June 23, or until the student completes their course(s).
- Last day to enroll is June 2, 2022.
- Daily attendance is required until the student completes their credit recovery plan.
- The grade earned in summer school will be posted on a student's transcript.
- Students may withdraw without an F if they drop the course by June 9, 2021.
- Click here to access informational form.
- Click here to access enrollment form.
- Credit Recovery courses will be taken through CEC (Career Education Center).
- Classes will be held May 24 - June 24, 10am-3pm.
- Students will have paper packets w/ online activities.
- Please contact CEC for more information or click here to access CEC enrollment forms.
District approved summer school courses, when completed by July 15, 2022, will be calculated with the spring semester grades when determining eligibility for the first quarter activities for the following school year. The re-calculation of the student's GPA and determination of eligibility status shall occur immediately upon receipt by the district of documented final grades. The effects of retake courses and calculation of GPA shall be done according to FNSBSD Admin. Regulation 974.1.
Director of Alternative Schools & Programs
Summer School Principal
Summer eLearning Coordinator
CEC Head Teacher
Please contact Greg Gibson for questions regarding summer school at 907-479-4221 x46512.