FNSBSD will strive to continue our activities to the fullest extent practical and intend to take responsible measures to promote the safety of all participants, coaches, staff, and supporting families. The district is using Alaska School Activities Association (ASAA) event and practice protocols to guide fall activities.
In Spring 2020 the Center for Disease Control and Prevention declared COVID19 as a Worldwide Pandemic. The state of Alaska responded with multiple mandates and community guidance to maintain the health and reduce the risks for all Alaskans. In addition, ASAA provided School Districts guidance specific to student activities. Below is the Mitigation Plan developed by the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District in response to the guidance provided.
Anyone who is displaying symptoms of the disease may not participate in any activities and must maintain social distancing.
For the Athlete
Student Activities is a great opportunity for students to be involved in school outside of academics. The resources below are required for student participation in conditioning activities!
- A Completed Out of Season Consent & Emergency Form
- Daily sign in is required for any participation
- Student Conditioning Checklist
For the Coach
The role of the Coach is more than teaching them the game, it is about being a leader to students, inspiring them to do their best all while keeping them safe. Below is a list of tools and requirements for you to use in your coaching role.
- FNSBSD Training Courses
- Coach Orientation Training
- Mandated Reporters of Child Abuse Training
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- ALICE Training (optional for non school staff)
- ASAA Courses
- Fundamentals of coaching NFHS Course
- ASAA Policies and Procedures
- Current First Aid Certification
- Concussion Awareness Training
- NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Course
- SAS Contract OR Volunteer Agreement