K-12 Math Programs
The Alaska State Standards for Mathematics are built around the goal of having all students college and career ready at the end of high school. In reaching this goal, certain underlying assumptions are accepted:
- The creation of the standards is sequenced to ensure that all students have access to a high level of math education.
- The purpose of districtwide curriculum is to meet the needs of students, providing a quality, vertically-aligned sequence of instruction.
- The recommended sequence of courses is designed for most students; our system needs to maintain flexibility to allow for exceptions as needed to meet the needs of individual students.
For more information, view the document below or contact the Department of Teaching & Learning.
Advanced Math Program
In order to provide equity for all students, he/she may qualify to participate in an advanced math class based on districtwide criteria. Additional information of this process is found below.
Additional Credit Options
- AHEAD Program
- Career & Technical Education (CTE)
- Challenging High School Courses by Exam
- Course Catalogs
- Foreign Exchange Credit Worksheets
- K-12 Math Programs
- North Star College
- Outside Credit Request
- Parent's Guide to Elementary Curriculum
- PE Credit Form (class of 2024+) and Waiver (class of 2021-23)
- Work Experience for Credit