AK Science Fair
2021 Interior Alaska Science Fair
March 19 - April 2, 2021
Virtual Event - Facebook page
This event proceeding as planned is dependent on state and district guidelines regarding school closure due to COVID-19. Please check this website often for the most up-to-date information, or contact the event coordinator listed on this page.
- March 1-14, 2021: To enter, submit projects through Google Form
- March 19 - April 2, 2021: Projects viewed on Facebook page
- March 29, 2021: Community project award winners notified
Science Fair is here! It is a virtual event this year; the FNSBSD is partnering with the UA Museum to showcase projects, and also coordinating with the UAF Arctic Innovation Competition for students to enter both the Interior AK Science Fair (IASF) and the Arctic Innovation at the same time. Students can enter the IASF the traditional way with a photo of a tri-fold board, or through a PowerPoint/Google Slides presentation. All projects will be showcased on the UA Museum of the North Facebook page (families have the option to opt-out of this).
Please refer to the information below for the Interior Alaska Science Fair's schedule, guidelines, entry form, etc. For additional information or questions, please contact Sue Bishop or Michelle Daml.
- IASF Guidelines - ways to enter:
- Photo of tri-board presentation (sample presentation)
- PowerPoint/Google Slides Presentation Requirements
- To enter: Google Form
- ISAF Schedule
- Science Fair Websites
- Science Fair Project Categories
The following documents that Science Fair Coordinators may use for local school science fairs:
Science Fair Sponsors
Thank you to the following sponsors of the 2021 Interior Alaska Science Fair: Fairbanks Council of PTA's, Shannon & Wilson Inc., and ABR Inc.