Thank you for choosing to be a CTSO Advisor!
The CTE Deparment has limited funding to support CTSO student travel expenses. Please let us know at the beginning of each new school year if you will be advising a CTSO group for your school (or as soon as your CTSO is formed) so that we can allocate funds appropriately.
- Student Travel TA's are required for CTSO student travel.
- Out of State travel requires School Board approval.
- Any expenses using CTE funding MUST be paid by the CTE Department. CTE CANNOT REIMBURSE / TRANSFER FUNDS TO CLUB ACCOUNTS. Please coordinate those payments through the CTE Department.
- This can be accomplished via P-Card or Purchase Order.
- Itemized receipts are required for all CTE funding.
The Department of Education and Early Development (DEED) Department has created some resources to help you along the way as well!
CTSO Tool Kit #1 - CTSO Organizations
Information about the benefits of CTSO membership and links to all of the CTSO's are available in this took kit. This is a good place to start as you decide which CTSO would be the best fit for your program.
CTSO Tool Kit - Resources
When starting your new CTSO, the process can be eased and facilitated with knowledge, resources, and connections from many persons and organizations already in place. Here are a few to get you started.
Daniel C. Domke, M.Ed.
Career & Technical Education Director
(907) 452-2000 x11537
Career & Technical Education College & Career Coordinator
(907) 452-2000 x11304
Career & Technical Education Technician
(907) 452-2000 x11538
CTE Department Fax