Career & Technical Student Organizations (CTSO)
CTSO stands for Career and Technical Student Organizations. These student organizations allow
students work together at the local, state, and/or national level, providing experiences in
leadership, teamwork, self-confidence, and character development through CTE programs.
CTSOs are not stand-alone after-school clubs, they are out-of-school extensions of CTE
classroom experiences. CTSOs are comprised of not-for-profit organizations specifically
authorized by the U.S. Congress in the Perkins Act.
Alaska State CTSO Organizations
There are seven nationally recognized CTSOs active in Alaska, each with a different career area
FNSBSD CTSO Travel:
- Student Travel TA's are required for CTSO student travel.
- Out-of-state travel requires School Board approval.
- Any expenses using CTE funding MUST be paid by the CTE Department. CTE CANNOT REIMBURSE / TRANSFER FUNDS TO CLUB ACCOUNTS. Please coordinate those payments through the CTE Department.
- This can be accomplished via P-Card or Purchase Order.
- Itemized receipts are required for all CTE funding.
Career & Technical Education Technician
(907) 452-2000 x11538
Career & Technical Education Director
(907) 452-2000 x11304
CTE Career Guidance and Curriculum Coordinator
(907) 452-2000 x11537
CTE Department Fax