Open Enrollment Information
Open Enrollment Runs: October 15th through November 15th
It is hard to believe it is that time of year again, but here it is! Open enrollment begins on October 15, 2019, and lasts through November 15, 2019. Elections will be effective on January 1, 2020. Here are some things to remember:
- You are not required to make an election during open enrollment. Your current medical and DVA (Dental, Vision & Audio) coverage will roll over for 2020. Any new contributions to any optional benefits such as FSA and HSA will not roll over into 2020.
- You are able to select “no changes” to continue your current coverage in medical, DVA when you complete open enrollment online through ESS.
- We are encouraging everyone to enroll online through ESS. Online enrollment must be completed by November 15, 2019, by 5:00 p.m. and HR must receive supporting documentation no later than November 29, 2019. If submitting paper forms, the Open Enrollment forms with supporting documentation must be received by HR no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 15, 2019. No exceptions!
- Workshops are available every Wednesday starting October 16th until November 13th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Conference room 341 (Administrative Building, Room 341) or other advertised location. Please make sure you know your ESS password when attending the workshops.
Step-by-Step Online Open Enrollment
CLICK HERE to view the tutorial.
- Log into ESS from the School District Website at https://employee.k12northstar.org/mss/
- User name is your employee ID number (F-number).
- Your password is specific to ESS. Use the “forgot password” link to retrieve a hint if necessary.
- Select the “Benefits” menu on the far left of the page.
- Review your current elections. Please let the benefits team know ASAP if you see an error with your current elections/dependent coverage.
- Select the “open enrollment” link at the top of the page.
- Make a selection for each section listed. You may select:
- “Make new election” – this will allow you to choose a different plan or a different tier level. Please remember to include all dependents you want covered during the new plan year (even those currently covered). If you leave a dependent off, they will not be covered in the new plan year. If you are employee only, you must add coverage for yourself in the drop-down box.
- “No changes” – This will keep your current election the same to include the current dependents covered.
- Optional benefits will allow you to also choose “decline” benefit. You may do this if you are not eligible or wanting the benefit for 2020.
- For the HSA (Plan B only), if you want the employer contribution but do not wish to contribute your funds, put zeros in the boxes.
- Once you have made an election for each section, you may continue. Please review your elections and modify or submit as appropriate. You may make multiple changes during open enrollment period.
- You will get an email confirmation when submitted successfully. If no confirmation is received, your open enrollment choices will not take effect! Contact the Benefits Team at 452-2000 x 11311 or 11382 for assistance.
- Logout of ESS when finished.
You can review the district's health plan book to assist with your election decisions.
Last Modified on Tuesday at 4:26 PM