Employment & Educational Opportunity (EEO)
Everyone will be treated equally regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status, or genetic information. The District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities and religious needs to the best of our ability.
2020-2021 Black History Month Contest
The Black Family: Representation, Identity, & Diversity—“Moving the World Forward.”
In celebration of Black History Month, the NAACP in conjunction with the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District invites all K-12 students to participate in this annual contest.
- Grades K - 3: Label and color three (3) pictures of African American families from one of these sites:
- Grades 4 - 6: Make a poster on your interpretation of this years theme
- Grades 7 - 8: Submit a typed, original, 150-word essay using this year’s theme and illustrate it with your original artwork.
- Grades 9 - 12: Submit a typed, original, 250-word essay using this year’s theme, works cited page, and illustrate it with your original artwork.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded for each grade category.
Submit entries to the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, EEO Department, 520 5th Ave, Fairbanks, AK by 4:00 PM on Friday, March 5, 2021. Please include the following consent form:
- Black History Month Contest Permission Slip
- 2020-2021 Black History Month Flyer
- Black History Month Frequently Asked Questions
For more information contact Allison Baldock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 452-2000 X 11379.