Employment & Educational Opportunity (EEO)
Everyone will be treated equally regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status, or genetic information. The District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities and religious needs to the best of our ability.
Black History Month Contest
In celebration of Black History Month, the NAACP in conjunction with the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District invites all K-12 students to participate in the annual contest.
- Grades K-1 and 2-3: Color three pictures that relate to the theme. Visit https:bit.ly/naacp-bhmc2022 for coloring pages.
- Grades 4-6: Make a poster on your interpretation of the theme.
- Grades 7-8: Submit a typewritten, 150-word essay on the theme OR illustrate your interpretation of the theme with an original artwork.
- Grades 9-12: Submit a typewritten, 250-word essay on the theme OR illustrate your interpretation of the theme with an original artwork.
- 1st & 2nd prizes will be awarded for each grade category.
Return entries by February 18th to: Fairbanks North Star Borough School District Admin Center, EEO Office, 520 5th Ave., ATTN: Allison Baldock (907)452-2000 x11387. Please include the following consent form:
- Black History Month Contest Permission Slip / consent form
- Black History Month Flyer
- Black History Month Frequently Asked Questions
For more information contact: Wendy Dominique, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (907)388-6649 *All participants will receive a certificate of participation*