Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
This life insurance enrollment process is a paper process (i.e. not online) and is separate from the district's Health, Dental, Vision, and Audio (DVA) and optional benefits elected through Employee Self Service (ESS).
All benefited employees receive Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance while employed with the school district. The amount is equal to the employee's annual salary rounded up to the nearest thousandth. Supplemental Insurance is also available.
New hires have 30 days to elect supplemental insurance for the guaranteed amounts ($150,000 for employee and $30,000 for spouse).
Supplemental Insurance can be elected or changed at any time.
For an increase in supplemental - please complete the Life Insurance Enrollment Form and submit to HR. In addition, an Evidence of Insurability Form must be completed and submitted to ReliaStar. Once HR receives approval from ReliaStar, your new amount will be active.
Forms & Documents
- Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan Booklet (Exempt Staff)
- VOYA Group Life Insurance Plan Book
- VOYA Life Insurance Beneficiary Change Form
- VOYA Life Conversion Information Request
- VOYA Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- VOYA Life Insurance - Enrollment at a Glance (Rate Calculator)
- VOYA Request for Change
- VOYA Supplemental Life Evidence of Insurability Application