Retirement Information (TRS/PERS, 403B, and 457)
State of Alaska Division of Retirement and Benefits
Benefit-eligible classified employees participate in the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS). Benefit-eligible certified employees participate in the Teacher Retirement System (TRS). For additional information concerning both PERS and TRS plans, please visit the State of Alaska Division of Retirement and Benefits website or call 1-800-821-2251.
- Typically, twice a year the State of Alaska provides the district with an opportunity to receive an overview of the retirement process. This happens in the fall and spring. Watch the Benefits Bulletin for upcoming dates.
- To change beneficiary information for your PERS/TRS benefit, visit the State of Alaska's website to access the appropriate form for the tier you participate in. Submit form to HR when it's complete.
- To view investment options and account overview go to the Empower Retirement Login.
- If you don’t have your Retirement Identification Number (RIN), click here.
- PERS Tiers Descriptions and Information
- TRS Tiers Descriptions and Information
- Retirement Counseling Appointment Information
- Retirement Workshop Information
403(b) Retirement Plan
The FNSB School District is pleased to recognize our 403(b) plan compliance service provider, The OMNI Group.
OMNI is a leading 403(b) Administrator and will assume the responsibility of ensuring the district, our employee participants, and each of our investment providers and their agents, adhere to the many compliance regulations issued by the IRS.
- Basic 403(b) Information
- 403(b) Approved Vendors
- 5 Steps to Setting Up a 403(b)
- 403(b) FAQ
- Inside Edge 2019 3rd Quarter Information
What is a 403(b) Plan?
A 403(b) plan is a retirement plan for certain employees of public schools, tax-exempt organizations and ministers. Contributions are made under a Salary Reduction Agreement (SRA) with your employer. This agreement allows your employer to withhold money from your paycheck to be contributed directly into a 403(b) account for your benefit. Usually, you do not pay income tax on these contributions until you withdraw them from the account.
For more detailed information, please consult your financial advisor or visit the IRS website.
Have you thought about investing in a 403(b)? If so, here is a hypothetical chart that lets you see how much you could earn over a period of time.
Salary Reduction Agreement Form
Use the Salary Reduction Agreement Form to begin or make a change to your election for future contribution amounts from your payroll check to a Tax Sheltered Annuity 403(b). You may also contact OMNI online or by phone at (877) 544-6664. Online transactions can be made once a participant has opened an account with a service provider. For more information on plan details and an approved service provider list for the FNSB School District, visit OMNI Plan Details.
The OMNI Group also provides assistance with:
- Hardship Withdrawal
- Contract Exchange
457 State of Alaska Empower Retirement
Information coming soon!