What is a Qualifying Event?
A qualifying event is an event that triggers a special enrollment period for an individual or family to add/change health care coverage outside of the regular annual open enrollment period. Examples of qualifying events include: the birth or adoption of a child, marriage, divorce, or loss of other coverage. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is a health insurance program that allows an eligible employee and/or his or her dependents the continued benefits of health insurance coverage after becoming ineligible due to end of employment, divorce, loss of dependent child status, etc.
COBRA rates for the 2019-2020 year:
Plan A Plan B Plan C Plan C Add to Any Plan (No HRA) (w/HRA) Dental/Vision/Audio Employee Only $1,131.79 $342.88 $678.26 $696.11 $84.42 Employee + Spouse/+Kids $1,867.45 $565.76 $1,119.13 $1,448.58 $156.17 Employee + Family $3,225.59 $977.21 $1,933.04 $1,983.91 $261.69
Enrollment must be received by Human Resources within 60 days of coverage loss- COBRA Notice and Enrollment Forms
Health Plan Links
- Aetna - Register online to view your claims, account balances, and find a provider.
- CVS Caremark Prescription Services
- Optum Disease Management Program
- PA Clinic: Coalition Health Center (Plan A and C only)
- VSP Vision Care - Register online to find a provider, file a claim, and get special discounts.
- Vision Service Plan FAQ - Frequently asked questions about our vision provider.
- Welfare & Pension Administration Services (WPAS)
ComPsych Guidance Resources
ComPsych® GuidanceResources® offers district employees a no-cost, confidential solution during life's challenging moments.
- Confidential Emotional Support
- Legal Guidance
- Financial Resources
Services are available 24/7 to a Guidance Consultant SM, who can answer your questions, and if needed, refer you to a counselor or other resources.
- Call: 877.533.2363
- TDD: 800.697.0353
- Online Support: guidanceresources.com
- App: GuidanceResources® Now
- Web ID: MY5848i
Joint Committee on Health Benefits
The Joint Committee on Health Benefits helps determine health care benefits provided to employees, including:
- Dates of eligibility
- Benefit schedules
- Co-payment provisions
- Preferred provider programs
- Wellness programs
- Other options designed to enhance benefit options while containing costs