*Please be aware that each union has a different application process. Pay special attention to the requirements for the apprenticeship program you plan to apply for.
Find your application here:
Fairbanks Area Carpenters Local 1243
Fairbanks Area Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 375
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1547
A letter of interest expressing reasons for applying to the Pre-Apprenticeship program.
Current resume containing work history.
Proof of age by providing a copy of birth certificate or passport.
- Alaska Department of Health and Social Services - Division of Public Health: Birth Certificates
- Or copies can also be obtained via the vital Records Department of the state in which the applicant was born.
Official high school transcripts. Include University transcripts for any Tech Prep credits received.
- High school transcripts can be obtained by contacting your school Counseling Office.
- Remember, transcripts may be required if the applicant attended other schools outside of the FNSB School District.
- Transcripts for college credit received through the university or TECH PREP credit can be obtained here:
- UAF Office of the Registrar - Transcripts
- UAA Office of the Registrar - Transcripts & Enrollment Verifications
- Remember to include transcripts from any other college or university that credit may have been obtained from.
School attendance record.
- Ask your counselor for your Student Enrollment and Attendance History report.
- State of Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development - Alaska Job Center: WorkKeys Assessments
- Contact your counselor regarding WorkKeys testing at the district office CTE department.
Valid State of Alaska driver’s license with a copy of driving record.
- State of Alaska Department of Administration - Division of Motor Vehicles: Driving Record
- Driving records from other states may also be required if a license was issued out of the State of Alaska.
- Please provide a copy of the front of your license with the driving record.
Two letters of reference from the applicant’s school.
Career & Technical Education Technician
(907) 452-2000 x11538
Career & Technical Education Director
(907) 452-2000 x11304
CTE Career and Curriculum Coordinator
(907) 452-2000 x11537
For the latest information in CTE news!