Basic Chromebook Troubleshooting
Here are some quick things to try on Chromebooks (before calling the help desk at extension 11397).
Helpful keyboard shortcuts
- Reset screen resolution to default: Ctrl + Shift + 0
- Rotate screen 90 degrees: Ctrl + Shift + Refresh
- Toggle high-contrast mode: Ctrl + Search + h
- Switch between the keyboard languages you've set: Ctrl + Shift + Space
- Power/other various issues: Refresh + Power (this will immediately restart the device)
How to reset a student profile
If a student is getting popups or other unwanted settings, you can try this.
- Log in with the student account
- Click in the bottom right area (clock/wireless/battery/profile picture)
- Click the settings gear
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings...
- Scroll down again and click Reset settings, then Reset
- Log out to sync the changes.
Last Modified on November 21, 2018