FNSBSD Online Enrollment Lottery System
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District uses an online lottery system to collect, verify, and process applications for non-charter elementary school enrollment lotteries, the Hutchison High School enrollment lottery, and also for select special programs.
Parents can create an online lottery account at any time by visiting the district's online lottery application portal. Application submission is limited by lottery availability.
Only one application per student will be honored for any school or program. Duplicate applications (same student and school or program) will be deleted from the lottery system.
Applications must be completed by a parent or guardian with custodial authority to make educational decisions for the student. Parents/guardians are responsible for providing a correct and complete application.
Currently accepting online applications for (click the links to view further information):
- Additions to the 2018-19 waitlist for 7th grade at Arctic Light Elementary, Joy Elementary, and Ladd Elementary
- Barnette Magnet School 2019-2020 - Full time and part time enrollment for grades K-8
- Application window: Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 9 a.m. through Friday, March 8, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- Discovery Peak Charter School (K-8) 2019-2020 Enrollment
- Application window: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 9 a.m. through Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- A school orientation is required to participate in the lottery for Discovery Peak
- Hutchison High School 2019-2020 - Apply for up to two career clusters per student
- Application window: Thursday January 10, 2019 at 9 a.m. through Friday, February 22, 2019 at 3 p.m.
- K-8 Options 2019-2020 - Lottery for enrollment in grades 7 & 8
- Schools include:
- Application window: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 9 a.m. through Friday, March 8, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
- Following March 8 the K-8 Options lotteries will reopen for waitlisting on 4-3-2019. Late applications will be added to the waitlist in the order in which they are received.
Out of Area Attendance
Interested in Out of Area Attendance (OAA) at Eielson AFB elementary schools? Please contact the school for more information:
- Anderson Elementary (Grades K - 2) at 907-372-2167
- Crawford Elementary (Grades 3 - 6) at 907-372-3306
Middle and high school Out of Area Attendance (OAA) enrollment is still conducted by paper application. There are no secondary OAA lotteries at this time. Please click this link to download the Out-of-Attendance Area Application for Secondary Schools and call the school for more information.
Student Information Systems
3rd Floor, Suite E
(907) 452-2000 x11212