Financial Aid and ScholarshipsIf you have any questions about grants, scholarships, student loans, the FAFSA, military tuition assistance, work-study or anything else related to paying for education beyond high school make an appointment in the College and Career Center. If we do not know the answer to one of your questions we will put you in touch with someone who does.Email Ms. Weaver your name and grade to email@example.com to be added to her Scholarship Email List.You will receive information on local and Lathrop offered scholarships as they become available to students.**DISCLAIMER**Listed below are scholarship links that Ms. Weaver has found online. It is your job to find additional scholarships, APPLY for these scholarships by their deadlines and be proactive about your post-secondary education.
- Scholarship Organization & Application Resources -Scholarships - START HERE - online resourcesFast Web - Let Fast Web do the work for you! Fill in information about yourself and it will sort scholarships for you!Scholarships.com - Let Scholarships.com do the work for you, too! It will sort scholarships that you're eligible for!Going Merry - Apply directly to multiple scholarships, forms are autofilled (meaning you will not have to fill out your information more than once!)Unigo Scholarships (College Scholarship Directory - 3.6 Million college scholarships worth over $14 Billion)A few scholarships apps Ms. Weaver would recommend downloading to your smartphone:2019-2020 ScholarshipsUAF Students:NEW - Nanook Pledge - $1,000 - $10,000AprilReview it Scholarship - $1,000 - Deadline: April 31st, 2020SCHOLARSHIPS FOR LATHROP GRADS ONLY - You must log into your firstname.lastname@example.org gmail accountCarl Tillitt Memorial Scholarship - 1 award, $500 - Deadline: April 30th, 2020 at 1pmSusan Stitham Widening Horizons Scholarship - 1 award, $1,000 - Deadline: April 30th, 2020 at 1pmLathrop Alumni Scholarship - 3 Awards, $300 each, Deadline: April 30th, 2020 at 1pm
Rachael A. Seymour - Most Improved Scholarship - $1,000 Deadline: April 30th, 2020 at 1pmMayUAS (University of Southeast Alaska) Scholarship - Deadline May 1, 2020Alaska School Counselor Association Scholarship 2020 - 5 awards, $500, or partial and/or full tuition waivers for AK Schools! Deadline: May 8th, 2020 4pmBest Reviews List - $2,000 - Deadline: May 10, 2020FEA MLK Scholarship - 3 scholarships will be awarded: 2 - $250 scholarships and 1 - $500 - Deadline: May 19, 2020Elizabeth Peratrovich Scholarship - 3 scholarships will be awarded: 2 - $250 scholarships and 1 - $500 - Deadline: May 19, 2020Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship - $1,000 - Deadline: May 29, 2020JuneExperimental Aircraft Association Scholarships - 16 awards, $5,000 - Deadline: June 1, 2020AWG Minority Scholarship - $6,000 - June 30, 2020Scholarship Resume Writing
Scholarship Application ResourcesHow to Choose a Major - written by ZetyScholarship.com Scholarships - check them out!
Alaska Performance Scholarship
Go to College in Alaska Online Magazine
thewashboard.org: Online Tool for Pacific Region ScholarshipsQuest Bridge National College Match - For more information click HEREAdditionally, http://jlvcollegecounseling.com/scholarships is a great resource for a variety of scholarships.Check out this scholarship from Discover!AK CSA Scholarships can be applied for here!Financial Aid LinksAlaska Performance Scholarship
Federal Pell Grant Program
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program
Federal Work Study Program
Western Interstate Commission for Higher EducationHigh School Recommendation Personal Data Form
This form is used to compile information which would be helpful for a person to have were they to write a letter of recommendation for a student. Students should fill this form out and give it to whomever they ask to write the letter for them. To save time students can fill in only the general area, then make copies and fill in the scholarship or school specific information at a later date.
Recommendation Request Sheet
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Not sure what the FAFSA is? Here's a quick video that gives a great overview!
The application for seniors graduating in 2020 opens on October 1, 2019.
A 2018 tax return may be used rather than needing to wait until 2019 taxes are done. Ensure you register for your ID # on the website in advance, as it may take a few days for it to be processed.
This important document can be filled out online at https://fafsa.ed.gov/. Not sure why you should fill this out? Here are a few great reasons:
1) This document is one of the criterion for eligibility for the Alaska Performance Scholarship
2) This is the application that will qualify you or your student for State and Federal Funding
3) Many colleges and universities require this be filled out as a part of the application for their privately funded scholarships.
4) The FAFSA is not just for university. This important document can help students receive funding for other post-secondary institutions that receive Title IV funding.5 Things You Need to Know about FAFSA
Alaska Performance Scholarship
The Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS) program is now in place. High School graduates from the Class of 2020 that meet eligibility requirements will have opportunities to continue their education in Alaska through the APS program. This new scholarship program is an exciting opportunity for our students. Please note that the requirements for meeting the APS change over the next three years. These requirements become more rigorous and detailed, therefore it is best to check the website www.aps.alaska.gov for new updates. This website has been designed to help students prepare and increase their opportunities for this new scholarship program.
Native American Student Resources
Bureau of Indian Education Grant & Scholarship Information
Information On Tuition Waivers for Native American Students
Native American Scholarships.pdf
Tanana Chiefs Conference Native American Scholarship List
Native American Tools for Success
Last Modified on April 30, 2020