Welcome New Families to the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District!
The new school will need the following documents:
- Birth Certificate: Required for students entering kindergarten or first grade who has not been enrolled in the district before
- Proof of Immunization: Current Shot Records
- Transcripts or Report Cards: Helps with class placement
- Proof of Current Physical Address: Housing letter or utility bills (i.e. water or electric)
Immunizations Information: https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/1999
TB Screenings: If you answer yes to any of the questions found at this link: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/SiteAssets/Pages/TB/TB%20School%20Screening%20Risk%20Assessment%20Tool.pdf, then your child(ren) will have to get a TB Skin test. TB Screening Frequently Asked Questions link: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/SiteAssets/Pages/TB/TBschoolscreeningFAQ.pdf
School Supplies: https://www.k12northstar.org/backtoschool
Nutrition Services: https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition
FNSBSD schools that serve Eielson AFB military housing areas:
FNSBSD schools that serve Fort Wainwright military housing areas:
Arctic Light Elementary School (K-6 grades) serves Bear Paw, Gertsch Heights, Northern Lights, and Southern Cross housing areas.
Hunter Elementary School (K-6 grades) serves Tanana Trails and IGH Army Hotel* housing areas.
Ladd Elementary School (K-6 grades) serves Chena Bend, Denali Village, North Town, and Siku Basin housing areas.
* If your family currently resides at the IGH Hotel, please understand that your child must transfer to the attendance area school once you move into permanent housing. The school district will not provide transportation from the new housing location to Hunter Elementary once a new housing assignment is made.
NORTH POLE PARENTS WHO WORK ON EIELSON AFB:
For the 2017-2018 school year, if you work on Eielson AFB and live in one of the following North Pole school communities: North Pole Elementary, Midnight Sun Elementary, or Ticasuk Brown Elementary, you are welcome to fill out an Out of Area Attendance (OAA) application due to overcrowding in those aforementioned schools. Elementary Out of Area Attendance (K-6th grades) and/or Secondary Out of Area Attendance (7th-12th grades) for your children to attend the schools located on Eielson AFB:
Anderson Elementary (Kindergarten-2nd grades)
Crawford Elementary (3rd-6th grades)
Ben Eielson Jr/Sr High School (7th-12th grades)
School transportation will not be provided.
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District has many schools: Elementary, Secondary and Schools of Choice. Check them out!
Attending a school outside of your area of attendance:
If you live in a certain out of attendance area and wish to attend another school in the district, you are welcome to fill out an Out of Area Attendance application: