Welcome New Families to the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District!
The new school will need the following documents:
- Birth Certificate: Required for students entering kindergarten or first grade who has not been enrolled in the district before
- Proof of Immunization: Current Shot Records
- Transcripts or Report Cards: Helps with class placement
- Proof of Current Physical Address: Housing letter or utility bills (i.e. water or electric)
Immunizations Information: https://www.k12northstar.org/Page/1999
- TB Screenings: If you answer yes to any of the questions found at this link: http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/tb.aspx, then your child(ren) will have to get a TB Skin test.
- TB Screening Frequently Asked Questions link:
School Supplies: https://www.k12northstar.org/backtoschool
Nutrition Services: https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition
FNSBSD schools that serve Eielson AFB military housing areas:
FNSBSD schools that serve Fort Wainwright military housing areas:
Arctic Light Elementary School (K-7 grades) serves Bear Paw, Gertsch Heights, Northern Lights, and Southern Cross housing areas.
Hunter Elementary School (K-6 grades) serves Tanana Trails and post-Holiday Inn Express* housing areas.
Ladd Elementary School (K-7 grades) serves Chena Bend, Denali Village, North Town, and Siku Basin housing areas.
* If your family currently resides at the post-Holiday Inn Express, please understand that your child must transfer to the attendance area school once you move into permanent housing. The school district will not provide transportation from the new housing location to Hunter Elementary once a new housing assignment is made.
NORTH POLE PARENTS WHO WORK ON EIELSON AFB:
For the 2018-2019 school year, if you work on Eielson AFB and live in one of the following North Pole school communities: North Pole Elementary, Midnight Sun Elementary, or Ticasuk Brown Elementary, your child may attend school on Eielson AFB. Simply complete the Out-of-Attendance Area paper form at the school you would like your child to attend and show proof of working on base (example: base access ID card) and submit form directly to the school. Out-of-Attendance-Area form must be filled out each year and submitted to the school.
This includes parents who are in the Air National Guard and civilians who work on Eielson AFB.
Anderson Elementary (Kindergarten-2nd grades)
Crawford Elementary (3rd-6thgrades)
Ben Eielson Jr/Sr High School (7th-12thgrades)
School transportation will not be provided.
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District has many schools: Elementary, Secondary and Schools of Choice. Check them out!
Attending a school outside of your area of attendance:
If you live in a certain out of attendance area and wish to attend another school in the district, you are welcome to fill out an Out of Area Attendance application: