Increase academic achievement and social emotional well-being for all students.
- Competency Based Learning - Define competencies by grade level and content areas, allowing students to advance based upon demonstrated mastery rather than seat time.
- CTE: Expand CTE pathways and access to career and technical education opportunities across the District.
For more information about some of our efforts in this goal area, see CTE Overview, School to Apprenticeship, Introduction to the Trades, Certified Nursing Assistant Program, and FNSBSD Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee.
- Instructional Excellence: Engage teachers in reflective practices in a cycle of continuous improvement.
For more information about some of our efforts in this goal area, see Teacher To Teacher.
- Multiple Pathways: Provide multiple ways to progress through the K-12 system based on student needs and interests.
- Personalizing Options: Utilize the “Core 4” key elements to personalize learning and meet student needs.
For more information about some of our efforts in this goal area, see Personalized Learning Overview.
- Social Emotional Learning: Support the social emotional needs and character development of all students through a personalized learning model.
- Technology in the Classroom: Ensure technology is embedded within instruction as appropriate to support learning.
For more information about some of our efforts in this goal area, see Instructional Technology Support.