Strategic Plan FY18-FY21
The district's strategic plan is a document designed to set overall goals for the district and develop a plan to achieve them. The strategic plan shows where the district is headed and what its priorities should be. The following is the district's strategic plan for fiscal year 2018 to fiscal year 2021.
Mission Statement - What is our purpose?
Our mission is to provide an excellent, equitable education in a safe, supportive environment so all students will succeed and contribute to a diverse and changing society.
Vision Statement - What does success look like?
We envision learning without boundaries, where every student achieves his/her path to academic and career success. Learning will be driven by student need, through flexible and adaptive options. Supporting the district's educational system are highly engaged families; proven technology infrastructure; staff that are continually raising the bar in their profession; and a community that is committed to growing our future.
The current state of the District can be described as positive and operating successfully. Results from the 2018 Employee Survey indicate positive engagement scores, improving over 2015, with meaningful and positive shifts among administrators specifically. Instructional and support staff indicated areas for improvement related to work environment and employees feeling valued, which have been integrated into the plan and will be further addressed during the site and department action planning process. Results from the 2018 Community Survey also indicated positive engagement with 35% of participants (all adults and students) recognized as supporters that would advocate for the District. In addition to academic achievement for all, class size, school safety, social-emotional wellness for students, and additional options to personalize learning surfaced as ongoing priorities for the District.
Below are some of FNSBSD’s notable accomplishments from the FY18-21 Strategic Planning period:
- District-wide realization of Full-day Kindergarten
- District-wide rollout of Personalized Learning
- Implementation of K-8 Options
- Built on PLC & Danielson Framework
- Expansion of E-Learning
- Maintained class size in spite of budget reductions
- Additional support services and social workers at schools; great strides in the area of social/emotional health for students
- Completion and rollout of ‘Re-Envisioning CTE’ revised 5-Year Plan for Career & Technical Education
- Improvement in the area of effective communication and connectedness to District stakeholders
- Strength in community partnerships
- Major accomplishments in operational support including implementation of Time Clocks Plus and other key processes
- Streamlining of budget processes and rollout of site-based budgeting
- Strong leadership contributing to organizational excellence
- Integration of personalized learning in areas across the org - accounting, HR, IT, etc.
- Recruiting, retaining, and supporting new teachers
- Site level visioning and working with staff in terms of where they'd like to go at the school level
- Facility plans and technology projects to ensure safe schools. new entry systems, surveillance cameras, etc.
- Technology integrated in the classroom with consistent refresh of devices; technology used as a tool for learning
- Grants enabling us to buy ~1000 devices for our schools
- Expansion in tech support and repurposing staff to meet this need
- Upgraded IT infrastructure throughout the district; robust infrastructure across the district
- Launch of the District Dashboard
- Technology has remained relevant and up to date
Strategic Goals - How will we succeed?
- Personalized Learning: Provide all students with options to meet their needs and achieve academic success.
- Effective Communication: Establish relevant, inclusive, and consistent two-way communication to enable/encourage student, parent, staff, and community connectedness with the district and increase the diversity of voices within the district.
- Parent & Community Engagement: Engage parents and community to create a meaningful learning environment for students.
- Organizational Excellence: Create an environment that supports the needs of staff to enable a school and organizational climate where students thrive.
- Technology Integration: Expand student access across the district.
Core Values - How will we behave?
- Student-Centered: Center everything we do on the student and student learning.
- Respect: Embody respect for the diversity and dignity of all.
- Safe Environment: Provide a safe learning environment.
- High Expectations: Maintain high expectations and educational opportunities to inspire high achievement.
- Collaborative: Actively collaborate with students, family, staff and community to support student success.
- Innovative: Aim to be innovative and adaptive to student needs.
- Integrity: Be transparent, trustworthy and professional