There will be a Halloween Social on Friday, October 19th, 4-6 pm. Appropriate costumes allowed! Sponsored by the Science Dept.
We are excited to let you know that we are using PowerPTC, the convenient and easy way for parents and guardians to sign up for Parent Teacher Conferences ONLINE, once again this semester!
PowerPTC will open on Tuesday, October 16th to allow you to start scheduling your conferences, and will stay open for scheduling through the morning of Wednesday, October 24th. You can access the PowerPTC through a link in your Parent PowerSchool account located in the upper right hand side of the PowerSchool home page.
Scheduling Your Conferences
- Log into your Parent PowerSchool account.
- Click on the small box with arrow pointing up, located in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the PowerPTC page link.
- Click on Conference Schedule. (You may need to choose West Valley as your school option)
- Select the date you would like to schedule your appointments on.
- Select a starting time for your appointments.
- If you would not like to attend conferences with certain courses, uncheck the box under the Schedule column.
- Click Build Your Schedule Now!
- Finally, click Print Schedule to create a hard copy of your parent-teacher conference schedule.
If you are scheduling for more than one student, you can switch the active student you are scheduled for by clicking on the Select a Student link from the left-hand menu.
** The times for both conference types are as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 25, SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS - 11:00 am-3:00 pm ARENA STYLE - 4:00-7:30 pm(No appointment necessary, first come, first served)
Friday, Oct. 26, SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS - 8:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-4:30. pm
* Scheduled conference times are 8 minutes long, with 2 minutes of travel between each class. Your promptness for scheduled appointments is greatly appreciated.
Do you live in the hills? Your student’s bus route may have a designated alternate stop for bad road conditions and it’s time to be prepared for the arrival of winter.
For two years in a row, the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District has achieved a record four-year graduation rate. “I am so pleased with the work our teams across the school district have engaged in to achieve this accomplishment, said Superintendent Karen Gaborik. “While the graduation is still not as high as we would like it to be, we are making significant progress.”
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District joins Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools and will partner with other leading educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers from across the country.