About the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District encompasses 18 elementary schools, eight secondary schools, and eight schools of choice.
There are over 64 different languages spoken in our students' families across the school district. Approximately 10% of all students have a heritage language.
Top five most common spoken languages after English:
- Yup'ik (including Central and Siberian)
Fast Facts FY 2017-18
- 4,581 students, or 33%, are economically disadvantaged (includes eligible for free and reduced lunch, homeless, and/or migrant students)
- 3,439 students, or 25%, are military connected
- The 2016-17 graduation rate was 77%
- Districtwide attendance is 92%