Welcome to the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District!
Communication is an important aspect of a successful educational experience for your student, and your PowerSchool Guardian Access Account plays a vital role. Typically, a guardian account is created for you when you enroll your students using the email address provided during registration.
How do I access my guardian account for the first time?
- Navigate to premier.k12northstar.org
- Click the Forgot Username or Password? link
- Your email address is typically used initially for your username
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to reset your password. The link will expire after 30 minutes.
If you do not gain access to your parent account after following steps 1-3, please contact your student’s school office for assistance.
The guardian account provides you with the opportunity to:
- View information about your student's schedule, grade history, fee balances, attendance history, and much more;
- Set up late bus notifications;
- Click a link to apply for Free/Reduced Lunch;
- View and request updates to your student's demographic and emergency contact data; and,
- Complete important annual guardian acknowledgments required by the district.
- Access your student’s grade and attendance information using the PowerSchool App (available on the App Store and Google Play. Our district code is GRCJ)
If viewing your student's schedule prior to the first day of school, please keep in mind that the scheduling process is complex and refinements will continue to be made into the second week of the new school year. The scheduling information in the guardian portal is subject to change until the school year is under way.
The school district website at https://www.k12northstar.org is another excellent source of information for our educational community, including:
- Access Account Request For Parents and Legal Guardians
- Access Account Request for Non-Parent or Non-Legal Guardian (to be filled out by a legal parent or guardian)
- Guardian Account Menu Items
- Guardian Online Demographic Update Requests (Guardian Portal)
- Late Bus Notifications
- Parent Feedback
- Parent Portal User's Guide - Please note that there are many district customizations that are not addressed in the official user guide.
- PowerPTC - Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler (February 2018 participating schools: Arctic Light, Barnette Magnet, Ben Eielson, Tanana, and West Valley High)
- PowerSchool App - Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Our district code is GRCJ