School to Apprenticeship
The School to Apprenticeship (STA), enables high school seniors to gain direct entry into Federally Registered Apprenticeship programs. The STA program is sponsored by the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District (FNSBSD) and one of the following:
- Joint Electrical Apprenticeship & Training Trust (AJEATT) IBEW Local 1547
- Fairbanks Area Carpenters Local 1243
- Fairbanks Area Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 375
Successful applicants may have the opportunity to become Federally Registered Apprentices once completing the program. As Federally Registered Apprentices, Pre-Apprentice participants will be expected to conform to the Apprentice standards and policies adopted by the Apprenticeship program.
In addition to completing the application, Pre-Apprenticeship applicants must provide proof of the following additional eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 17 years of age to apply and accepted to the Pre-Apprenticeship Program (18 years old to become a Federally Registered Apprentice),
- Be a resident of Alaska,
- Have a valid State of Alaska driver’s license,
- Be currently enrolled in a FNSBSD high school,
- Be physically fit to perform the Apprenticeship work.
All Apprenticeship programs require students to:
- Complete one or more of the following College & Career Readiness assessments:
- SAT, or
- WorkKeys (REQUIRED)
- Obtain a high school diploma, and
- Comply with all Apprenticeship policies
Daniel C. Domke, M.Ed.
Career & Technical Education Director
(907) 452-2000 x11537
Career & Technical Education College & Career Coordinator
(907) 452-2000 x11304
Career & Technical Education Technician
(907) 452-2000 x11538
CTE Department Fax
For the latest information in CTE news!
Due: January 31, 2020
Applications along with all supporting documents due by this deadline.
*Please contact your school counselor or CTE Department if you need assistance creating these documents.