Where do I find scholarships?
1. Use online scholarship databases. Click here to go to 12 best websites for finding scholarships.
2. Go the website of the school you plan on attending and find their financial aid tab. Each school has a list of scholarships they offer students.
3. Go to FNSBSD's Scholarship page
4. Ask your employer or your parents' employer if they offer scholarships.
5. Check out the list below. Be prepared, build a scholarship porfolio. Scholarship portfolio checklist. Use this form when requesting letters of recommendation.
NPHS SCHOLARSHIP LIST
Below is a list of local scholarships mixed in with some national scholarships. There are a lot more scholarships out there, use the scholarship datebases mentioned above.
Don't limit yourself just to this list!
Unigo $10K- $10,000 All high school seniors Due 12/31/2019
Alaska Air Carriers- $1000-$5000-Students pursuing aviation, Due 1/1/2020
GE- Reagan Foundation- Up to $40,000- Student leaders with a minimum GPA of 3.0, Due 1/3/2020
Alaska Engineering Education Scholarship-$500-$4000- Engineering students, Due 1/13/2020
Forest Jones Memorial- TBA- Students interested in Alaska aviation- 1/1/2020
Jim Snead Memorial-TBA-Students interested in Alaska aviation- 1/1/2020
BP Process Technology- Up to $40,000- Students pursuing a process technology degree at UAA, UAF, or UA Kenai, Due 1/17/2020
Red Boucher- $1000- Students going into a technology related career- 1/20/2020
The Permafrost Scholarship- $1000-Fairbanks/North Pole senior with strong Alaskan roots- Due 1/31/2020
High Mark Scholarship-Fairbanks/North Pole senior with a minimum GPA of 3.0- Due 1/31/2020
Stock the Cache Scholarship- $1000-Fairbanks/North Pole senior pursuing a 2 year or shorter program (CTE)- Due 1/31/2020
February Scholarships: (check back for more)
GVEA- $2500-$15,000-Must be a GVEA customer and meet GPA requirements- Due 2/28/2020
March Scholarships: (check back for more)
Ducks Unlimited- $500-$10,000- Be a Ducks Unlimited Member- Due 3/1/2020