Tanana Chiefs Day
The Fairbanks School District passed and approved the Honoring Traditional Chiefs Day Resolution on February 17, 2015. To help teachers across the district implement this resolution, the Alaska Native Education program has developed lesson plans and lists of resources. These include lesson plans on Alaska Native biographies, Geography lessons, A Readers Theatre performace, and ideas for teaching about the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA).
- Statements from: Alaska Native Land Claims Part II
- Destiny Resources for 4-6 Grade ANCSA
- Destiny Resources for ANCSA - Native Perspectives
- Destiny Resources for Interior Alaska Native Biographies
- Destiny Resources for Honoring Tanana Chiefs Day
Tanana Chief's Conference Readers Theatre
A Reader's Theatre performance depicting the conference between the 12 Tanana Chiefs and several government officials on July 5, 1915 in the Fairbanks Public Library.
7.5.1915 Minutes of TCC Chiefs and Wickersham
Minutes from the July 5, 1915 Conference
Native Claims 4-6 Grade Lesson
Tanana Chiefs Biography Lesson
ANCSA A Native's Perspective Lesson Plans HS
Lesson plans for high school AK Studies/Social Studies or English classes.
Colonization Lesson Plan