By filling out this online questionnaire we will be able to determine whether or not one or more of your children qualify for the Migrant Education Program.
Once completed a Migrant recruiter will contact you to follow up on your eligibility. Thank you for taking the time to complete this 5 minute questionnaire!
Migrant children are children who:
- across school district boundaries*
- within the last three years
- on their own, with, or to join a parent, guardian, or spouse
- to obtain or seek work that is seasonal or temporary
- in a fishing, logging, or agricultural activity
- and the move is an economic necessity.
*FNSBSD is under 15K square miles, therefore, students must move across district boundaries to qualify. Move must be >20 miles in over 15K square miles districts.
Migrant children must:
Be younger than 20 years old**
Not have graduated from high school
Note: A GED is not considered a high school diploma and does not equate to graduation
**or younger than 22 with an IEP on file
Change from one residence to another, for fishing or agricultural purposes, that occurs due to economic necessity
- Length of move must be at least one night/two days with a total of seven nights/eight days per year
- Both the worker and children must make moves
Fairbanks North Star Borough Boundry Map
4th Floor, Suite A
Main #: (907) 452-2000, x11482
Fax: (907) 452-3172
Migrant Records Manager
(907) 452-2000, x11482
Director of Federal Programs