Board of Education Information
Board of Education Meetings are accessible:
- In-person attendance;
- Zoom – citizens can follow the meeting and/or testify via Zoom, either through electronic device or by phone;*
- YouTube Live; *
- real-time live stream at k12northstar.org/watchBOE; *
- through the free NPR app (Regular Meetings only);
- from 7:00 p.m. to adjournment on KUAC-FM 89.9 radio (Regular Meetings Only); and
- are audio recorded for next day website posting.
(*excluding Special Meetings for student discipline matters)
This page contains links to information about School Board members, agendas and minutes of meetings, policies and administrative regulations, and advisory committees. See links to other pages (left), or download documents (below). The ten-member School Board is comprised of seven, elected officials, each elected at-large, for three-year staggered terms, along with one representative from Fort Wainwright Army Post, Eielson Air Force Base, and Regional Student Council whom serve as advisory members.
To contact the School Board as a group, please e-mail: email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Written communications with public officials generally are considered a public record and subject to disclosure (viewing and/or copying of the communication) pursuant to a public records request.
Board Member Listing - PDF
2021-2022 School Calendar (Adopted May 5, 2020)
2021-2022 Approved Budget (Full Detail, 405 pgs)
FNSBSD FY20-FY25 Strategic Plan Communication Document
(Approved October 15, 2019)