Resources for Parents & Students
Remote/eLearning Parent Resources & Translations
- Google Tutorials
- Accessing ClassLink
- Spanish: Acceso a ClassLink desde el Hogar
- (Tagalog - coming soon)
- Accessing Google Classroom
- Spanish: Acceso al Salón de Clases de Google “Google Classroom”
- (Tagalog - coming soon)
- ELL Tutoring Support
- Please complete this survey if you would like to request ELL tutoring support
Free Online Activities and Resources for ELL Students & Families
BrainPop and BrainPop ELL
BrainPop is providing FREE access for students and their families during school closures. Brainpop is an excellent resource for learning at home in all subject areas (Math, Science, Social Studies, Health, and so on).
For English Learners, BrainPop has BrainPop ELL (https://ell.brainpop.com/), based on the same WIDA standards we use when planning instruction for ELL students in our schools.
Learn English Kids
Learn English Kids (https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org) has free online games, songs, stories and activities for children. For parents, they have articles on supporting children in learning English and videos on using English at home.
International Children's Digital Library
International Children's Digital Library (http://en.childrenslibrary.org/) has books in many languages. Reading together in your home language and asking questions about the books builds literacy skills that transfer into English learning!
https://www.ixl.com/ offers activities from pre-K to high school, in Math, English, Science, Social Studies, and Spanish.
Math tutorials: Arithmetic and Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, Statistics, Precalculus, Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Applied Math, Brain Teasers, and Vi Hart Animations.
https://www.wilbooks.com/wilbooks-free-resources has free online books to read in English and in Spanish (https://www.wilbooks.com/recursos-gratis) for students in grades preK-3.
For students whose dominant language is other than English, parents may use the resources here to help improve both their own and their children's language skills. There are fun sites with games, quizzes, and activities with contributions by teachers in the field.
- https://steinhardt.nyu.edu/metrocenter/language-rbern/resources/bilingual-glossaries-and-cognates - High School and Elementary level bilingual glossaries organized by subject areas. Glossaries available in a variety of languages: Chinese, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French, and other languages. (New York State Education Department website)
- Activities for ESL Students
- Dave's ESL Cafe
- English at Home
- Larry Ferlazzo, Website Resources
- Stanford University ELL Teaching Resources
Parents who speak English as a Second Language have resources available outside the school district:
Literacy Council of Alaska offers English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for adults year around. Literacy Council is located on Gaffney Road in downtown Fairbanks.
University of Alaska Fairbanks also offers English as a Second Language classes.
2nd Floor, Suite D
ELL Program Coordinator
(907) 452-2000 x11467
ELL Program Records Manager
(907) 452-2000 x11488
Monica Mellado Baltazar
Bilingual Assistant - Spanish
(907) 452-2000 x11125