Joy office hours are 8am-3pm. School hours are 8:10-1:10
- Please call First Student for late bus information. 456-6921
- Be sure to chedule bus pick up with transportation (if needed)
- Please make sure your student and their teacher know how your child will get home. Bus rider (provide bus #) , parent pick up.
- You must call the school to change your child's regular end of day schedule. If they usually ride a bus we will put them on the bus unless you call or send in a note to state they will be picked up that day. Calls must be in to the office by 12:30.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL PROCEDURES
Arrival and dismissal procedures have changed this year to minimize the mixing of grade-level groups. See the map below designating entry and exit doors for students dropped off and picked up by family and students who ride the bus. We have included short videos to help explain our procedures.
Students may enter the building at 8:00 A.M. Staff are assigned at each door to let students in as all doors will remain locked. If students arrive early they will need to wait outside or on the bus until it is time to enter. If they arrive after 8:10 A.M. they will need to enter through the main entrance of the school as all staff will be in classrooms with students. School dismisses at 1:10 P.M. each day.
HELPFUL LINKS BELOW:
There will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes for each grade category. Additionally, all participants will receive a certificate of participation. Entries need to be submitted and received by 4:00 pm, Friday, March 5, 2021, to the EEO Office in the FNSBSD Administrative Center, 520 Fifth Ave. 3rd Floor, Fairbanks, AK 99701.
In celebration of Black History Month, the local National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) and the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District (FNSBSD) are proud to sponsor the Black History Month Contest - The Black Family: Representation, Identity, & Diversity—“Moving the World Forward.” We invite all K-12 students to participate in this annual contest.
This program is an opportunity for students to showcase their knowledge, encourage the study of Black History, and show excellence in creativity. We hope that this program can open dialogue to educate our students about the importance of Black History.
- Label and color three (3) pictures of African American families.
- *Pictures of notable African Americans for students to color are available from https://bit.ly/3nmPXnl
Grades 4-6: Make a poster on your interpretation of the theme.
- Grades 7-8: Submit a typed, original, 150-word essay using this year’s theme and illustrate it with your original artwork.
- Grades 9-12: Submit a typed, original, 250-word essay using this year’s theme, works cited page, and illustrate it with your original artwork.
The proposed 2021-2022 Fairbanks North Star Borough School District budget is now available for review on the district’s website. The Board of Education will begin a series of work sessions starting on Monday, February 1st to work through the budget details.
On Monday, December 14 the School Board approved the return to in-person school for all students for families who want that option. Motion: Move to begin an accelerated return to school plan beginning on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 through Monday February 1, 2021 for families and students who want to return in-person, maintaining the options for remote learning, eLearning, and BEST Homeschool, and acknowledging schools will meet Smart Start and CDC guidelines to the best of their abilities.
Lea el comunicado de prensa en Español | Press Release-FNSBSD Return to In-Person Schooling on January 19, 2021| December 15, 2020
El lunes 14 de diciembre la Junta Escolar aprobó el regreso a la escuela presencial para todos los estudiantes de las familias que deseen esa opción.