Peer Enrichment Program
What is the Peer Enrichment Program?
The Peer Enrichment Program's mission is to enrich the lives of early childhood peers in an inclusive classroom setting. Role model students will gain awareness and acceptance of same age peers experiencing exceptionalities and will enrich the lives of their peers through modeling age appropriate behavior and developmental skills.
Peer Enrichment applications are NO LONGER being accepted for the 2019-2020 School Year. Application deadline was APRIL 12th.
Candidates for the Peer Enrichment Program
Criteria for Enrollment
- Child must be 3-5 years old as of Sept. 1st, not yet of kindergarten age.
- Child must have independent toileting skills.
- Child must be able to regularly attend school.
- Child must demonstrate age appropriate skills in all developmental areas.
- Families must transport child to and from school.
Benefits of the Peer Enrichment Program
- A structured learning environment
- Pro-social behavior
- Increased leadership skills
- Pre-academic experiences including fine & gross motor activities, art, music, movement, and social skills
- Development of communication skills
- Increased appreciation and acceptance of individual differences
- Increased understanding and acceptance of diversity
- Respect for all people
- Opportunity to master activities by practicing and teaching others
APPLICATION SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
- Staff will review applications in April. Notification for additional screening will take place no later than April 19th.
- If invited to continue in the application process, a thirty-minute screening process is mandatory and will take place April 25 or 26th, 2019.
- Parent will receive notification by phone and/or letter of results of the screening process by May 17, 2019.
- If offered enrollment, participation during the first two weeks of the program will serve as a trial period to determine whether the program is a good fit for your child.
Current Preschool Program locations: (subject to change):
- Anderson Elementary
- Anne Wien Elementary
- Arctic Light Elementary
- Hunter Elementary
- Joy Elementary
- Ladd Elementary
- Nordale Elementary
- North Pole Elementary
- Pearl Creek Elementary
- Ticasuk Brown Elementary
- University Park Elementary
- Weller Elementary
SCREENING AND ENROLLMENT ARE LIMITED. A LOTTERY MAY BE USED IF THERE ARE MORE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS THAN AVAILABLE SPOTS. IF ACCEPTED, PLACEMENT IN PREFERRED LOCATIONS CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.