Click: Native Knowledge 360
If you would like your child to be enrolled into the ANE program please print and fill out the 506 eligibility form or contact our office for more information.
Alaska Native Education History
In 1974, the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District (FNSBSD) applied for and was awarded an Indian Education Title VII, Part C (PL 100-297) grant, to create the Alaska Native Education (ANE) Program which serves American Indian and Alaska Native students. The program is advised by the ANE Parent Committee, as required by the Office of Indian Education under the grant.
After parent input and review of student records, the program evolved and expanded in the 1980's to provide more direct ANE student services such as academic tutoring, attendance monitoring, and cultural activities.
Currently our program utilizes a model of service with the goal of increasing academic achievement in math, reading and writing, and school attendance.
The program provides support through:
- Supplemental academic assistance
- Counseling, home/school liaison and referral services
- Cultural enrichment
Parent Power Build the Bridge to Success
Studies of successful schools report that parent involvement is a major factor in their outcomes, including closing the achievement gap between various groups of students. The following booklet is a tool to help build the bridge to success.
Get help with your homework here!
- Alternate Learning Styles, Inc.- A locally owned and operated reading, writing, and math clinic serving the Fairbanks area since 1990. 684 Gradelle Ave. 458-7323
- Academic Tutoring Service- Free Tutoring. Call Now! Space is Limited! 1-800-293-3091
- Literacy Council of Alaska
- Alaska Learning Labs
- Club Z In Home Tutoring Services
- Educate Online
- Imagine Learning Academy
Alaska Native Education Program
520 Fifth Avenue, 4th Floor, Suite A
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Phone: (907) 452-2000
Fax: (907) 452-3172
Graduation Success Coach/Attendance Liaison