Wellness Check for Students & Staff
The Wellness Check is intended to help parents, students, and staff understand the district's expectations of what students and staff should do if they are not feeling well.
- Fever - over 100° F
- Cough - severe cough, rapid and/or difficulty breathing, wheezing, accompanied by a sore throat or not feeling well
- Ears - pain, swelling, drainage or difficulty hearing
- Eyes - red, itchy eyes with clear, yellow, or green drainage may be contagious and a sign of bacterial conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Rash - accompanied by fever and behavioral changes, or that is oozing/open wound, or tender with the rash worsening
- Sore throat - difficulty swallowing, white spots in back of throat
Stay home - consider evaluation by your healthcare provider. Return to school or work when free of major symptoms without medication for 24 hours.
Positive COVID Test:
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should follow the State of Alaska guidelines.
- Congestion/runny nose
- Mild headache
- Mild fatigue
- Mild sore throat
Stay in school or at work - continue to monitor symptoms.
For more information, contact your school nurse or call the district nursing department at (907) 452-2000 x11253.