Our mission is to provide an excellent, equitable education in a safe, supportive environment so all students will succeed and contribute to a diverse and changing society.
Any child who will be 5 years old on or before September 1 preceding the beginning of the school year is eligible to attend kindergarten. Children must be 6 years old on or before September 1 to attend first grade. New students need to enroll at the school they will be attending. A copy of the child's birth certificate is required for each pupil entering kindergarten or first grade. All new students must submit proof of immunization before being admitted into school.
EQUAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District to provide a free appropriate public education, for all children to achieve maximum intellectual growth and development without discrimination due to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by local, state, or federal law, except where a bona fide requirement may lawfully disqualify an individual.
The Fairbanks school system is committed to providing and maintaining a learning and working environment in which racial, ethnic, cultural, and religious differences are recognized and valued.
- Student-Centered: Center everything we do on the student and student learning.
- Respect: Embody respect for the diversity and dignity of all.
- Safe Environment: Strive to provide a safe learning environment.
- High Expectations: Maintain high expectations and educational opportunities to inspire high achievement.
- Collaborative: Actively collaborate with students, family, and community to support student success.
- Innovative: Aim to be innovative and adaptive to student needs.